Lufkin Panthers (2-1) @ Tyler High (2-1) @ CTMF Rose Stadium, Friday, September 20, 2024 at 7 PM.

The 2-1 Lufkin Panthers head to the 2-1 Tyler Lions on Friday 9/20/24 for their 4th game of the season.  Last week Lufkin defeated 7A Little Rock Southwest, Ark 57-12 in Texarkana, Tx, while Tyler defeated 5A DII Seagoville on the road 48-7.  This will be the 73rd meeting between the two teams with Tyler High holding 39-31-2 advantage through 2023.

Lufkin has played North in all their non district games,  will head North for the last time this year before district play down in Southeast Texas.  Playing in Texarkana last week, then ending the regular season down in Galveston. 

Matt Stepp has Lufkin a +9 points , while DCTF computer picks Lufkin +15 points.  All Lufkin football games can be viewed at 

This is the hidden content, please

This will be the first game Lufkin will have their starting QB Javion Johnson who was injured in Lufkin's scrimmage with Huntsville.   Tyler is loaded with skilled players who found success making it to the semi finals of the State 7 0n 7 Tournament this year. 

Lufkin opens district at home next week against Barbers Hill, Tyler will begin district play next week against @ Highland Park.

This is the hidden content, please

• PackAttack changed the title to Lufkin Panthers (2-1) @ Tyler High (2-1) @ CTMF Rose Stadium, Friday, September 20, 2024 at 7 PM.

It looks like Tyler won this game last year and both team look to be much improved.  I think Lufkin may struggle a little out of the box bringing the QB back in, but the Lufkin D will help in that transition. I see Lufkin by 14 as Tyler should struggle to score. Seeya next week 👊

19 minutes ago, BHFAN said:

It looks like Tyler won this game last year and both team look to be much improved.  I think Lufkin may struggle a little out of the box bringing the QB back in, but the Lufkin D will help in that transition. I see Lufkin by 14 as Tyler should struggle to score. Seeya next week 👊

If I remember correctly Tyler is still without some guys from earlier in the season, should be a good game regardless though.