Jasper (10) @ Beaumont United (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

8 minutes ago, pine curtain said:

it is a football game not a band contest.

There are rules that say the band must stop when the offense gets to the line of scrimmage. 

Been to hundreds of games over the years.  And have seen bands play when the opposing team’s offense is on the field.  Seems like there was a problem just last night with this particular school.  

3 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

Been to hundreds of games over the years.  And have seen bands play when the opposing team’s offense is on the field.  Seems like there was a problem just last night with this particular school.  

But it was that coach's right to have it stopped. It is a UIL policy.

Been that way for years,

2 minutes ago, BMTSoulja1 said:

The rule is there. 

Watch College and it is enforced.

In high school it is not normally enforced until the coach complains.

Coaches will normally complain when the band is just making noise and not playing music. 

I've seen it flagged once before last night. In one of the deep round playoff games last season, a band was flagged at a critical time, and it affected the outcome of the game.

In another game last season, where I was in attendance, a band was warned to stop playing, but there was no flag thrown. 

I don't know how critical last night's band penalty was, there were so many penalties trading back and forth during that time. 

10 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

I watched Carroll and Trinity and each band played when the opposition had the ball.

If this is a rule, it's not enforeced at all....

Well, mostly lol

You can play when the opposition has the ball. Just not during the actual play. Like the policy states, when a team breaks huddle, band is supposed to stop. If no huddle, when center is over the ball, band is supposed to stop.

Like you said, it's not enforced most times.

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

But it was that coach's right to have it stopped. It is a UIL policy.

Been that way for years,

United is just too loud I guess because they didn’t complain when our band played late in the 4th as loud as possible on a big 3rd down last week. 

39 minutes ago, RaiderGirl22 said:

United is just too loud I guess because they didn’t complain when our band played late in the 4th as loud as possible on a big 3rd down last week. 

This is funny to me because that’ll be like telling the home crowd not to make as much noise as they can during a crucial part of the game.  Crowd is loud as well.  Plus BU band only consists of about 30 kids…. 🤷🏾‍♂️