Bridge city at Lumberton

lcm93

Who Wins?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins Bridge City vs Lumberton

• Bridge City
    • Lumberton

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 09/27/2024 at 11:30 PM

5 hours ago, BayouRunner said:

So when the cardinals beat the raiders will they be considered tested yet? Sadly this will be the cardinals story for the year. Give me the Cards by 3 TD’s

I think BC is definitely a dark horse for this district, think they will be in all the games. Smalley definitely knows what hes doing.

If they beat L-Town by 3 scores they will definitely put the district on notice 

14 hours ago, BayouRunner said:

So when the cardinals beat the raiders will they be considered tested yet? Sadly this will be the cardinals story for the year. Give me the Cards by 3 TD’s

Lumberton is 0-3, and lost most of their main pieces from last year.  So no, they will not be considered tested after this game.  But as VPfan said, it will give us a decent idea of what to expect from them in district this year.  

1 hour ago, bullets13 said:

Lumberton is 0-3, and lost most of their main pieces from last year.  So no, they will not be considered tested after this game.  But as VPfan said, it will give us a decent idea of what to expect from them in district this year.  

Who do they have to play to be considered a team that has been tested ? When will they earn any credibility? 

1 hour ago, BayouRunner said:

Who do they have to play to be considered a team that has been tested ? When will they earn any credibility? 

they've played a 3A pre-district schedule and are in one of the weakest districts in the state.  The 3A schools they've beaten are mostly down from last year, and they aren't exactly playing Hitchcock or Columbus. What kind of credibility are you looking for?  I think plenty of people are giving Bridge City CREDIT for showing a lot of improvement, but nobody is gonna start acting like they're one of the best teams in the area if they beat a depleted, winless Lumberton team to start 4-0 and give them the credibility that you're looking for.  So having said all of that, it's important that BC fans sit back and enjoy what should be one of the best seasons y'all have had in quite awhile, without trying to demand that everyone pretend that what you're doing is a big deal.  BC was smart to opt up, and it should lead to them doing better in district this year, but they would've finished no better than 5th if they'd stayed put, so you guys are gonna have to pump the brakes on wanting a bunch of credibility or being considered "tested" or whatever it is you're looking for.

10 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

they've played a 3A pre-district schedule and are in one of the weakest districts in the state.  The 3A schools they've beaten are mostly down from last year, and they aren't exactly playing Hitchcock or Columbus. What kind of credibility are you looking for?  I think plenty of people are giving Bridge City CREDIT for showing a lot of improvement, but nobody is gonna start acting like they're one of the best teams in the area if they beat a depleted, winless Lumberton team to start 4-0 and give them the credibility that you're looking for.  So having said all of that, it's important that BC fans sit back and enjoy what should be one of the best seasons y'all have had in quite awhile, without trying to demand that everyone pretend that what you're doing is a big deal.  BC was smart to opt up, and it should lead to them doing better in district this year, but they would've finished no better than 5th if they'd stayed put, so you guys are gonna have to pump the brakes on wanting a bunch of credibility or being considered "tested" or whatever else.  

Uh, what he said.

Spot on bullets

2 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

they've played a 3A pre-district schedule and are in one of the weakest districts in the state.  The 3A schools they've beaten are mostly down from last year, and they aren't exactly playing Hitchcock or Columbus. What kind of credibility are you looking for?  I think plenty of people are giving Bridge City CREDIT for showing a lot of improvement, but nobody is gonna start acting like they're one of the best teams in the area if they beat a depleted, winless Lumberton team to start 4-0 and give them the credibility that you're looking for.  So having said all of that, it's important that BC fans sit back and enjoy what should be one of the best seasons y'all have had in quite awhile, without trying to demand that everyone pretend that what you're doing is a big deal.  BC was smart to opt up, and it should lead to them doing better in district this year, but they would've finished no better than 5th if they'd stayed put, so you guys are gonna have to pump the brakes on wanting a bunch of credibility or being considered "tested" or whatever else.  

This is crazy! My question is still not answered. Who do they have to play this year to be “tested” ? 

2 minutes ago, BayouRunner said:

This is crazy! My question is still not answered. Who do they have to play this year to be “tested” ? 

that team isn't on their schedule. LCM is as close as it gets, and they've already shown they'd be no better than 4th or 5th in the district you guys opted out of.

19 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

I do believe Lumberton will have the better QB in this game, no knock on the BC kid btw. 

Seen the BC QB play a couple times last year, kid is good. Did not see any QB play for Lumberton in the Nederland game that was better than the B.C. QB, imo.