Hitchcock at Silsbee

BADSANTA

Just now, BADSANTA said:

I'm not sure if Hitchcock defense is as good as last years Bellville defense that gave Silsbee the blues. Id attack this team in the middle of the field. Not sure our run game will do much vs that DL. Quick outs will also help. 

I do think Silsbee should have a better matchup with their defense. And no their defense absolutely isn’t what Bellville had last year lol

7 minutes ago, Who That said:

I" feel you but we still got the best in Texas..🫠

Having the most tackles in 4A DII so far this season doesn't necessarily make you the best.

There were receivers that had more yards and TD's than Miller last year but he was still labeled the best.

BTW, that tackle thing is according to Maxpreps. They are never an accurate source when it comes to those type things. Many teams do not input their stats on Maxpreps.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Having the most tackles in 4A DII so far this season doesn't necessarily make you the best.

There were receivers that had more yards and TD's than Miller last year but he was still labeled the best.

Ow I" still feel you.. But as a Sophomore leading in tackles being ranked #1 in Texas 4A Dll that's pretty special.. 

Just now, Who That said:

Ow I" still feel you.. But as a Sophomore leading in tackles being ranked #1 in Texas 4A Dll that's pretty special.. 

Saying he is the leading tackler in 4A DII is very different than saying he is the best defensive player in Texas.

You are intentionally being misleading.

Glad you got me to straighten you out.

1 hour ago, Who That said:

Leading tackles is great but that doesn't mean the best for sure. He is definitely headed in the right direction. I hope that young man keeps playing hard and earns himself a scholarship. 

14 hours ago, BADSANTA said:

Hitchcock reminds me of those Newton teams back around 2015.  Remember when Newton and WOS both won state the same year. Newton actually beat WOS that year in Orange I believe. Newton had 3 or 4 D1 kids. Barlow, Brown, Foster etc. Most of Hitchcock basketball team plays football. 

You are close it was 2014 in Newton that year they beat us..WOS lost state that year and I think Newton did too not 💯 on that though 

34 minutes ago, wo-s#1 said:

You are close it was 2014 in Newton that year they beat us..WOS lost state that year and I think Newton did too not 💯 on that though 

112% correct my friend. 10 years ago we both lost at AT&T. Newton beat a young JD3 to the tune of 19-7. Week before that it was Richmond Foster. Back to back losses and then the 40 gm streak. 

Sorry to get off topic

GEAUX Tigers !!!

My predictions have been off, so I'm gonna refrain from making one, and stick to things I can verify through stats and results.  From what I've seen, on defense Hitchcock is more vulnerable through the air than on the ground, although if you can be effective through the air it will open up things on the ground.  They gave up 37 in a loss to Legacy SSS their first game of the season, and the qb had around 225 yds and a couple of touchdowns through the air.  They gave up almost 50 in a win over HF, with Bryson going for 350 yds and 5 touchdowns against them (they did pick him off 4 times).  I don't know anything about La Marque's style, but Bellville did almost nothing against their defense with Hitchcock being able to stack the line and key on the run.  Silsbee will most likely need to move the ball well through the air to win this one.  From what I've seen of the QB, he's capable of doing it.  Still, with the injuries it feels like an uphill battle for the tigers.