Bellville At Columbus

BBfan061

Another tough matchup for Bellville… The defense is still there but good lord the offense needs to address some things… the offensive line struggled vs Hitchcock… Also the RBs are doing a terrible job at blocking when they aren’t getting the ball.. just a lot of things that need to be addressed… Columbus is probably the favorite to win 3A D1… they have scored at least 60 points in their first 4 games… with that said I dont think they hit that mark this week… Bellville will takes some time off the clock and limit possessions and will get a stop here and there.. but my unbiased opinion on this one says Columbus takes it 35-14… If the offensive issues get addressed this week then it could be closer but I don’t think it will be. 

9 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Good luck stopping that Columbus offense.  They have scored 40 by halftime in all 4 of their games.  Bellville’s ball control offense can probably break that trend, but they better score every time to keep up.  QB #8 Schobel and RB #1 Rigdon, oh my lord. 

Yeah it’s a damn good offense… I don’t think Schobel is as mobile/shifty as the Hitchcock QB and that saved Hitchcock 2-3 sacks last week… but Columbus is probably a little better on the O line as well

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

And he hasn’t really had crazy numbers… He is averaging like 60 yards rushing a game and has 6 TDs I believe 

Yeah - have you seen his film? It’s almost eery how he just glides through the defense, only juking a tiny bit. 

8 hours ago, Eazy said:

He had way more than 60 against Madisonville.  He had 3 long TD runs and a pass reception TD.   He is new to Columbus so they had to figure out his role.  I say just give him the ball.  Very impressive athlete.  

What I read must’ve been for the first 3 games

Ok I’ve been kinda doom and gloom on Bellville after Friday but I needed to step back and look at the big picture…First off this team isn’t last years team… BUT it’s still a solid team… We are 2-2… Let’s look at the record….

4A D1 #3 Celina L 30-49

Bellville was winning this game through a majority of the third quarter…Celina is 4-0 with CONVINCING wins over Waco La Vega, Gunter, and Franklin..

4A D1 Stafford W 33-0

Id say Stafford is probably a average 4A (I’ll have a better idea of them after they play Hamshire Fannett this week) but the key take away in this game was losing RB Corian Hood in the first quarter for what looks like all of the season with a small chance he returns for the playoffs … 

4A D1 FB Crawford W 62-0

New program in their first year of Varsity competition… Will be solid IMO in 3-4 years

3A D1 #5 Hitchcock L 14-21

This loss hurts most peoples eyes because of the poor O line play from Bellville that was supposed to be a strength… Hitchcock is LOADED with talent. The Texas Tech commit at QB is the real deal… 

So here comes 3A D1 #1 Columbus… everyone is drooling over this team and for good reason… so far they look the part and are deserving of that ranking… Can Bellville win this game? Yes I believe it’s possible… If the O line gets some things figured out and the defense plays to their capabilities then yes i absolutely believe we can win because also you can’t tell me this isn’t the best defense that Columbus has faced so far this year…

Bellville is still a great team and will contend in region 3 regardless of the result on this Friday night