Hull-Daisetta @ West Hardin

RETIREDFAN1

Hull-Daisetta @ West Hardin  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Winner???

• Hull-Daisetta
    • West Hardin

4 hours ago, StangBacker said:

West Hardin is only 7 point favorites in the polls that matter.  That makes much more sense.  This is like a Cotton Bowl or Iron Bowl.  All records are out the window ... HD vs WH is the BIGGEST game of the year!

Agree with some of that. But a good HD team was always looking past the WH game.   It was almost a bye week. Mr Buddy Garrity easy on the horsemen.   They still yearlings at the moment. 

Doesn't HD lead the all-time matchup by a considerable margin?  WH probably waits for this game and usually fails but HD overlooks because WH doesn't have much fight to give the Bobcats.  However, I think this year, the tables are turned.  WH has looked better than HD but like I said above ... don't count the Bobcats out yet.  I think they surprise the Oilers this week and this ballgame will be a good one to watch!

2 hours ago, StangBacker said:

Doesn't HD lead the all-time matchup by a considerable margin?  WH probably waits for this game and usually fails but HD overlooks because WH doesn't have much fight to give the Bobcats.  However, I think this year, the tables are turned.  WH has looked better than HD but like I said above ... don't count the Bobcats out yet.  I think they surprise the Oilers this week and this ballgame will be a good one to watch!

Bringing up all-time matchup or past record will get you absolutely dragged on here.  HD is a fraction of a fraction of what they once were.. and very likely never returning.  Enjoy the past successes, and root for your team and/or kids for sure, but it's completely irrelevant when talking about the "good old days".  Zero kids on the team were even born when HD won its last football playoff game.

23 minutes ago, oldschool2 said:

Bringing up all-time matchup or past record will get you absolutely dragged on here.  HD is a fraction of a fraction of what they once were.. and very likely never returning.  Enjoy the past successes, and root for your team and/or kids for sure, but it's completely irrelevant when talking about the "good old days".  Zero kids on the team were even born when HD won its last football playoff game.

I do remember some real barn burners though.  Back in the 70s I had a couple of co-workers that were fairly new HS refs, and they were assigned to a game, I'm pretty sure it was at either HD or WH, and anyway the game started late because they rode together with another ref and they got lost, finally arriving to the game ~20 mins or so late.  

11 minutes ago, 1970 said:

I do remember some real barn burners though.  Back in the 70s I had a couple of co-workers that were fairly new HS refs, and they were assigned to a game, I'm pretty sure it was at either HD or WH, and anyway the game started late because they rode together with another ref and they got lost, finally arriving to the game ~20 mins or so late.  

There have probably been some great games in this series in the past.. that involved some talented players.  Nobody can deny that.  But those days are seemingly gone.  "Good games" between these two schools nowadays will just mean they happen to be equally matched.  Doesn't necessarily make it a good game.

3 hours ago, oldschool2 said:

It is not the all-time record that wins the game however, the WH parents have been a part of beatdowns given to them from HD.  If I am correct, WH has beaten HD only 11 times in history.  Two of those were in the past 4 years.  Anyway ... it's that fact that HD is WH's daddy and all of the Oiler crowd knows it.  And THAT is what changes the mindset here.  I never said that the great team from 1979 was going to play this Friday. 

1 hour ago, StangBacker said:

It is not the all-time record that wins the game however, the WH parents have been a part of beatdowns given to them from HD.  If I am correct, WH has beaten HD only 11 times in history.  Two of those were in the past 4 years.  Anyway ... it's that fact that HD is WH's daddy and all of the Oiler crowd knows it.  And THAT is what changes the mindset here.  I never said that the great team from 1979 was going to play this Friday. 

I would assume that many of the Bobcats of old that gave those beatdowns you speak of don't even have kids on the team.  The high school enrollment tells me that a large percentage of HD alum have jumped ship.  Which is all that matters in football.  Numbers mean everything.. and HD is about dried up.  The all-time record will change directions pretty quickly unless HD does something that can rebuild the school population.