Law Enforcement Group Backing Kommiela Harris Exposed as a Sham!

Reagan

This gave the lib media something to lie with and therefore run with.  

From the article:  

"There's just one problem. This group didn't even exist until a few months ago. Even USA Today noted in its report that the Police Leaders for Community Safety organization "was created in [June] 2024 as a non-partisan 501(c)4, and describes itself as an organization that represents dozens of police officials."

Founded in June of this year? Dozens of police officials?

USA Today pitched the endorsement as somehow on par with Trump's endorsement by the Fraternal Order of Police, which was founded in 1915 and has 373,000 members as of last year."

LOL!  

This is the hidden content, please

@Big girl  @CardinalBacker  @UT alum  @HuntersLaptop2028        What say you?!

That is hardly a representative police group.

Starting off with “Leaders” is the first clue. Leaders (chiefs and sometimes assistant or deputy chiefs) are many times chosen by political connections or beliefs. The larger the city, the more likely. They are under the direct control of a city manager or mayor. There are certainly outliers who are truly good police officers and an example is just retired Beaumont PD Chief Singletary. Singletary commanded swat teams and narcotics units later into his career. When he was almost a 40 year officer, he was still out there mixing it up with the young guys and backing them up.

I remember probably 15 years ago when I was in command on the evening shift and speaking with the night shift commander. I was talking about the misallocation of manpower in reference to the volume of calls and effective police work. Boy did I get an education from the other commander who was junior to me by a few years. He said something like,  “You are correct but you are thinking about like a police officer and the product that we are putting out. The city council doesn’t care about the police response, only how much money it will cost if an officer has to work overtime”. 

What a slap in the face but he was correct. I was thinking of helping people by cutting response times and they were looking at different ways to spend their money. 

Those sound like the “Leaders”. Yeah, out of almost a million law enforcement officers, dozens…. 🤣🤣🤣

Wow, that many?

I looked at their website and you can sign up to help as “Academic” or “Non Police Supporter”.

Go figure.

There is absolutely a place for communities to get involved and be on committees with the police department. One of the best programs that I have seen or have been involved with was a citizen’s group that started completely on their own and later became involved with the police. They were awesome. Just don’t put them out as a national police group with any national influence.

17 hours ago, Reagan said:

This gave the lib media something to lie with and therefore run with.  

From the article:  

"There's just one problem. This group didn't even exist until a few months ago. Even USA Today noted in its report that the Police Leaders for Community Safety organization "was created in [June] 2024 as a non-partisan 501(c)4, and describes itself as an organization that represents dozens of police officials."

Founded in June of this year? Dozens of police officials?

USA Today pitched the endorsement as somehow on par with Trump's endorsement by the Fraternal Order of Police, which was founded in 1915 and has 373,000 members as of last year."

LOL!  

@Big girl  @CardinalBacker  @UT alum  @HuntersLaptop2028        What say you?!

So, what? It’s called politics. Either works or it doesn’t.

8 minutes ago, UT alum said:

So, what? It’s called politics. Either works or it doesn’t.

You know what else works if a a candidate wants the support of law enforcement, actually support law enforcement.

You can't do this and expect real law enforcement groups to support you.  Most police forces are underfunded already, and we have seen the disastrous results in cities that have actually cut funding for law enforcement.

Just one more way Harris is trying to appear moderate.

From the article:

Vice President Kamala Harris voiced support for “defund the police” in a radio interview in June 2020 amidst nationwide protests for police reform, just months before denouncing the movement after she had joined the Biden presidential campaign.

Harris said in the June radio interview the movement “rightly” called out the amount of money spent on police departments instead of community services such as education, housing, and healthcare, emphasizing that more police did not equate to more public safety.

“This whole movement is about rightly saying, we need to take a look at these budgets and figure out whether it reflects the right priorities,” Harris said on a New York-based radio program “Ebro in the Morning” on June 9, 2020, adding that US cities were “militarizing police” but “defunding public schools.”