Barbers Hill (14) @ Lufkin (32) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lufkin didn't implode in a big game. I'm proud to see it. ✊🏾

No we righted the ship, our D and special teams really were the difference tonight. BH came out strong but the Lufkin D adjusted late in the 1st half, BH  missed on a couple opportunities to score. Lufkin missed a TD in the end zone and a FG. Both teams had kids go out banged up. Lufkin played without their #1 starting WR and starting MLB, starting QB went out again, so I was happy to see how well the backups filled in. BH is a good football team and they play hard.  They get themselves in trouble talking too much or hitting after the play, our kids were told before the game to not retaliate or trash talk and just walk away. It paid off tonight. Our coaches are pretty strict about that stuff.   There will be some sore guys in the morning.  Hard fought game tonight. Much respect to Barbers Hill.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Lufkin didn't implode in a big game. I'm proud to see it. ✊🏾

At the end of the day Lufkin was just to physical for BH. Once our defense adjusted to the tempo and settled in they were lights out. BH needs to find someone to help Morton out. That kid is special. 

Also my son was called something several times tonight. Gotta do better BH.