Montgomery Lake Creek (56) @ Port Neches-Groves (62) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, spidersal said:

The Indians found a way to win and that is great. A win vs Huntsville and we will see another district championship. Hopefully the defense will get better

Don't forget about Montgomery, I'm thinking. 

What PNG needs is more speed, and a little more fire. They actually looked pretty flat tonight, but managed to come through, even with the poor refs and dirty LC players. And this may be the way it's going to be this season, with the so-called target on their back. 

A W is a W. I hope we’re able to take something from this to improve on defense. A bright spot is we got experience against a better-than-average offense and still got a win. If there are things that can be improved with coaching, LC is a heck of a team to have to discover them against.

it certainly doesn’t look like we’re the top team in the division. I’d put Randle and SoC ahead of us right now. 

Henry without a doubt needs to be the go-to RB. 

Hunstville is going to be a monster of an opponent, but we can talk about that next week. 

4 minutes ago, Rez said:

A W is a W. I hope we’re able to take something from this to improve on defense. A bright spot is we got experience against a better-than-average offense and still got a win. If there are things that can be improved with coaching, LC is a heck of a team to have to discover them against.

it certainly doesn’t look like we’re the top team in the division. I’d put Randle and SoC ahead of us right now. 

Henry without a doubt needs to be the go-to RB. 

Hunstville is going to be a monster of an opponent, but we can talk about that next week. 

I've seen SOC several times i think they too have taken a step back this year Texas High Richmond Randle and the teams from 4-5A Division 2 all look better than PNG at this point but things can change 

6 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I've seen SOC several times i think they too have taken a step back this year Texas High Richmond Randle and the teams from 4-5A Division 2 all look better than PNG at this point but things can change 

I’d confidently put Melissa and Emerson ahead of us right now, along with Texas High and SoC. Not Anna or Lovejoy, at least not right now. Maybe Argyle. But, honestly, I’d be ok with dropping out of the rankings entirely. We’re at best a reasonable top 12 team, and focus on the rankings is a dumb distraction. This team needs to just play the season in front of them. I don’t care about what number is next to our name, or the win streak. I want us entirely focused on just the one game in front of us. That’s the only thing that matters. 

8 minutes ago, Rez said:

I’d confidently put Melissa and Emerson ahead of us right now, along with Texas High and SoC. Not Anna or Lovejoy, at least not right now. Maybe Argyle. But, honestly, I’d be ok with dropping out of the rankings entirely. We’re at best a reasonable top 12 team, and focus on the rankings is a dumb distraction. This team needs to just play the season in front of them. I don’t care about what number is next to our name, or the win streak. I want us entirely focused on just the one game in front of us. That’s the only thing that matters. 

Getting through this district is gonna a b@tch. Anything after is icing. Brenham looks stout too

1 hour ago, PhatMack19 said:

That game was probably for the district championship.  Both teams are very good.  Neither team will do much in the playoffs if they play defense like they did tonight.  

Maybe it was.  But both PNG and LC need to move past this game quickly, because they each have opponents next week capable of turning this district on its head.  Week 2 of this district is going to be very interesting.  And you got Dayton/Nederland also.  We will know a lot more in 7 more days.  

27 minutes ago, jayhawk said:

Brenham just got rolled by 4a Gilmer 51to 30 !

I was at this game.  51-37.  Gilmer seemed more motivated.  Brenham’s RB already has 1,000 yards but you can’t give it to him every play.  Passing game  couldn’t do much other than a few plays.   Brenham not looking so stout like they had been. Randle rolls through Region 3.