Bridge City (28) @ Lumberton (7) - FINAL

jdawg03

18 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

So if they opted up for the challenge of playing larger schools, then why schedule three 3A schools for non district?

I wish they would have scheduled a couple of the four teams in their original district. Buna, Kirbyville, and OF did nothing for the Cards. I know the OF game is a rivalry game but the other 2 could have been better opponents. 

1 hour ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

I wish they would have scheduled a couple of the four teams in their original district. Buna, Kirbyville, and OF did nothing for the Cards. I know the OF game is a rivalry game but the other 2 could have been better opponents. 

I have it from a good source that nobody wanted to play us.  

For real, though... the schedule was put in place by a guy who's no longer coaching the team.  Maybe we should ask him. 

1 hour ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

Ask Aggie how he feels about Silsbee's non-district schedule now that they're approaching district play with a lot of kids banged up.  

Personally?  I'm sure Smalley enjoyed the chance to get his offense/defense installed and try it out in a few non-district games that weren't bloodbaths.

And when the schedule was put together, K'ville had just wrapped up an 8-3 season.  Heck, they're at 3-2 right now, even with the whupping the Cards put on them.  They're not a bad team, we just made them look like one.  

53 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Smash... you just called your team an easy out.  I mean, they were, but still.... I expected more from you. 

Dude, I wish it weren't so, but my Raiders ARE an easy out. I still cheer for them every game. Be happy when they win and sad when they lose. But I have no rose-colored glasses on. Unlike our little buddy Left_Back_Two_Times or whatever his names is. He could use a dose of reality! Lmao.