Hitchcock (42) @ Silsbee (10) - FINAL

jdawg03

20 minutes ago, JimThorpe said:

Looks about right given Hitchcock’s performance last week.  Tough 3A team.  That Columbus/Bellville game is interesting given that Columbus is ranked No. 1 on 3A-1 and Hitch is No. 5

Columbus vs Hitchcock is gonna be fireworks… 

I'm going to need @bullets13 to come in here and explain how Hitchcock is not 32 points better than Silsbee. He needs to give us the "what if's" and show how these two teams are much closer and the game was much closer than what the score showed.

I just don't have that skill set to explain those type things. LOL

37 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will say this, a 100% healthy Silsbee team probably doesn't lose by 32. They would still lose to Hitchcock. Those 4-5 missing pieces last night really showed itself.

Tigers get a bye week and will definitely need it going into Hamshire-Fannett.

Secondary will have to play better in that game.

Hitchcock qb was the best ive seen in a while. Kid was calm and could sling it under pressure. I would bet money that hitchcock would beat alot of teams in the 409

33 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I will say this, a 100% healthy Silsbee team probably doesn't lose by 32. They would still lose to Hitchcock. Those 4-5 missing pieces last night really showed itself.

Tigers get a bye week and will definitely need it going into Hamshire-Fannett.

Secondary will have to play better in that game.

Game could have been closer, take away turnovers, could have easily been ahead  at half, but these teams play 10 times and Hitchcock wins 10 times. Heard from coach that watched film, Tigers played better overall than they thought

6 minutes ago, old guy 71 said:

Game could have been closer, take away turnovers, could have easily been ahead  at half, but these teams play 10 times and Hitchcock wins 10 times. Heard from coach that watched film, Tigers played better overall than they thought

Probably gave up Atleast  2 or 3 touch downs on the short field. It was a good experience for them. The oline has to block to have success if you’re going to be in the i formation. Silsbee qb didnt have much time to get the ball off and the running backs were not able to run.  I thought the defense did a good job but got tired because the offense were unable to sustained drives. 

4 minutes ago, Tiger33 said:

Probably gave up Atleast  2 or 3 touch downs on the short field. It was a good experience for them. The oline has to block to have success if you’re going to be in the i formation. Silsbee qb didnt have much time to get the ball off and the running backs were not able to run.  I thought the defense did a good job but got tired because the offense were unable to sustained drives. 

Was told, OL played best they played this year, running backs struggling. Hitchcock safeties and Line Backers, reading the run, and coming up to stop. Hitchcock only weakness was there blocking , there skill players were able to overcome it

2 minutes ago, old guy 71 said:

Was told, OL played best they played this year, running backs struggling. Hitchcock safeties and Line Backers, reading the run, and coming up to stop. Hitchcock only weakness was there blocking , there skill players were able to overcome it

Well who ever was blocking #44 was not doing their  best that kid was pretty much bull rushing every play.