Vidor at bridge city

lcm93

Vidor vs Bridge City  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins??

• Vidor
    • Bridge City

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/04/2024 at 11:00 PM

3 minutes ago, Plumb crazy said:

He ran that slot unsuccessfully for the most part against 3a competition. Vidor has been very successful with it for a long time. LCM spread Vidor out and almost lost. Y’all will be surprised how good that defense is. If BC gets up 2 scores on Vidor they will have a chance. Don’t let Vidor score first or it will be a long night. If Vidor goes up more than 8 the ball game is over for them Redbirds!!!

Orangefield was in 4A most of Smalley's tenure. First year of 3A was in 2019.

15 minutes ago, Multiplesportsdad said:

BC QB is very good, so they are going to win a bunch of games this year. But, to say they’re back from a couple of winning seasons since the 70’s is far fetched. Vidor’s kids play really hard, so it will be a tough game for both. 

If they lose to vidor BC may beat liberty. I see them with 2 maybe 3 wins in district 

3 minutes ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

Orangefield was in 4A most of Smalley's tenure. First year of 3A was in 2019.

You can say what u want but I’ve never seen them look like vidor. Not even close. Vidor is gonna have a down year so that may help but I doubt it. 

14 minutes ago, Plumb crazy said:

He ran that slot unsuccessfully for the most part against 3a competition. Vidor has been very successful with it for a long time. LCM spread Vidor out and almost lost. Y’all will be surprised how good that defense is. If BC gets up 2 scores on Vidor they will have a chance. Don’t let Vidor score first or it will be a long night. If Vidor goes up more than 8 the ball game is over for them Redbirds!!!

Lets not oversell the success ...

4 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Wasn't too long ago some Vidor folks were not real pleased with running that Slot-T offense?? 👀

I think it’s the dumbest offense in modern times. Not gonna win a state championship with it. Vidor has the athletes to run a spread or whatever. I wanna say they’re the biggest school in the district. Close to it give or take

32 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Lets not oversell the success ...

If LCM would have just ran the two TE set like in previous games the game wouldn’t even been close, I talked to a Vidor (source) and the Vidor coaches couldn’t believe that they went back to the spread against them with an average QB throwing the ball, He can scramble though. LCM o line is huge, two TE set (extra blockers) run the ball 70% and they win by a lot.

34 minutes ago, Multiplesportsdad said:

If LCM would have just ran the two TE set like in previous games the game wouldn’t even been close, I talked to a Vidor (source) and the Vidor coaches couldn’t believe that they went back to the spread against them with an average QB throwing the ball, He can scramble though. LCM o line is huge, two TE set (extra blockers) run the ball 70% and they win by a lot.

Yeah LCM tried to throw a little too much. Run 22 about 10 more times and they probably win by 20.