2024-2025 Basketball season

Split Divisions will be very interesting to predict who goes big and small.

3A Guess for the area coverage teams:

Division 1 likely top playoff teams (which will include Hitchcock early rounds, Mexia later rounds) not in order:

Orangefield, Crockett, Central (they could go small but likely big based on teams in district), Anahuac, Coldspring

Division 2 likely top playoff teams (includes Westwood, Franklin later in path):

Central Heights, East Chambers, Kountze, Onalaska

On 9/30/2024 at 8:29 AM, AggiesAreWe said:

Kind of hard to figure out this year with splitting the teams into divisions after district play ends.

I'll give it a try in a few days after doing some extensive research. lol

Initially, I think Kountze will go farther in the playoffs than any other of our coverage area schools.

Could you fill me in on this “split”? Been awhile for too long I guess, no idea what that entails. 

5 minutes ago, Box1 said:

Could you fill me in on this “split”? Been awhile for too long I guess, no idea what that entails. 

Basketball (and all other sports) are going to divisions like football. Div. 1 and Div. 2. But, unlike football, the divisions are not determined until after district play. The two highest enrollment teams of the four who make the playoffs will be the Division 1 reps and the other two teams will be the Division 2 reps. You will have a #1 and #2 seed in each division. No more #3 and #4 seeds even though teams will finish 3rd and 4th in their respective districts.

In football, the districts are already put in divisional districts. Basketball for the next two years will divide after district play. Next realignment all the districts will be divisional districts like football.