Who Do You Believe?

UT alum

19 hours ago, baddog said:

Yeah, she never instituted a border plan. Oh wait…….don’t come. That was so rigged. 

What has Trump done to hurt you?

There was a bipartisan immigration plan, Trump convinced some people to not vote for it so that he could use it as a talking point

17 hours ago, LumRaiderFan said:

The concept is garbage, best way to improve it is get rid of it.

So you want to go back to the days where people had a.limit on how much money could be used on their Healthcare. A lot of plans dropped you once you reached 3 million. What about the fact that a person could be denied coverage based on a pre existing condition, do you want that to happen?

16 hours ago, SmashMouth said:

What do you mean projection?

You’re projecting Trump onto Harris. He has no plans. Plenty of concepts but no idea how to develop them. That’s what he needed someone to write Project 2025. 

1 minute ago, UT alum said:

You’re projecting Trump onto Harris. He has no plans. Plenty of concepts but no idea how to develop them. That’s what he needed someone to write Project 2025. 

Once again, you're way off base partner. I never mentioned Trump. I'm talking about Kamala and her empty shell of newly-formed promises. For instance, from her "New Way Forward" plan:  "Meanwhile, Trump has no plan to lower costs for Americans—in fact, under his agenda, prices for a typical American family would soar by nearly $4,000 annually." WHAT? Has she looked at what she and Uncle Joe have already done? I make a helluva living, and even I can feel it over these last 4 years. Home chick is full of "plenty of concepts but no idea how to develop them". And your comment about Trump and Project 2025 is totally baseless - like most of your arguments - so I'm not surprised. I'm not saying any of this as a so-called "MAGA" Republican. I'm sincerely concerned about the path our country as a whole has gone down, and even more concerned about where it would go with a Harris presidency.

11 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You’re making a good case fro Medicare for all.

They should of just expanded Medicare and Medicaid to treat people who either can't afford to have health insurance or their employer does not offer.  They should of left the private sector alone. There was no need for insurance for all.....

The other issue is some folks are not responsible enough to get and maintain  insurance.  In my profession I see MANY people who make really good money, but have sorry credit because they don't pay their bills on time.  

There are also some that KNOW if you're sick and call an ambulance, they HAVE to transport you to a hospital(money or no money) - they also know if they walk into a hospital, they cannot be refused treatment......This is why a week stay in a hospital would bankrupt most people if they had to pay.

5 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

They should of just expanded Medicare and Medicaid to treat people who either can't afford to have health insurance or their employer does not offer.  They should of left the private sector alone. There was no need for insurance for all.....

The other issue is some folks are not responsible enough to get and maintain  insurance.  In my profession I see MANY people who make really good money, but have sorry credit because they don't pay their bills on time.  

There are also some that KNOW if you're sick and call an ambulance, they HAVE to transport you to a hospital(money or no money) - they also know if they walk into a hospital, they cannot be refused treatment......This is why a week stay in a hospital would bankrupt most people if they had to pay.

Additionally, since the employee mandate was done away with but the employer mandate was left in place (both should be abolished), only the sickest are the ones who generally get on the company health insurance which drives up the cost for all of us. Young healthy people simply don't get insured. I'm considering dropping my health coverage altogether and becoming a "cash pay" patient. Unless something tragic happens, I'll save close to $9,000 per year.

16 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Once again, you're way off base partner. I never mentioned Trump. I'm talking about Kamala and her empty shell of newly-formed promises. For instance, from her "New Way Forward" plan:  "Meanwhile, Trump has no plan to lower costs for Americans—in fact, under his agenda, prices for a typical American family would soar by nearly $4,000 annually." WHAT? Has she looked at what she and Uncle Joe have already done? I make a helluva living, and even I can feel it over these last 4 years. Home chick is full of "plenty of concepts but no idea how to develop them". And your comment about Trump and Project 2025 is totally baseless - like most of your arguments - so I'm not surprised. I'm not saying any of this as a so-called "MAGA" Republican. I'm sincerely concerned about the path our country as a whole has gone down, and even more concerned about where it would go with a Harris presidency.

That’s what an across the board 20% tariff will do. You think Wal Mart will eat that 20%? Darn near everything they sell comes from China. Wal Mart prices go up 20% overnight. Project 2025 and Trump is not baseless. Vance wrote the danged forward. Keep eating Trump’s lies up. Reckoning is coming.

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Additionally, since the employee mandate was done away with but the employer mandate was left in place (both should be abolished), only the sickest are the ones who generally get on the company health insurance which drives up the cost for all of us. Young healthy people simply don't get insured. I'm considering dropping my health coverage altogether and becoming a "cash pay" patient. Unless something tragic happens, I'll save close to $9,000 per year.

That’s why people buy insurance. Tragic happens.

17 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

Do you know what adverse selection is?

6 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That’s why people buy insurance. Tragic happens.

Until they can't afford it.

10 minutes ago, UT alum said:

That’s what an across the board 20% tariff will do. You think Wal Mart will eat that 20%?

Do you think the same will happen with Kamala's proposed increase in corporate taxes by 7%? She's proposing to increase a multitude of taxes by $5 trillion dollars including corporate income tax, stock buybacks by 3% and her proposed plan also requires big companies (like your Walmart example) to pay taxes worth at least 15 percent of the income they report to investors. So are you saying she will in essence be raising taxes on the middle class since "You think Wal Mart will eat that 20%?"