Willis Football

6 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Not sure why the coaching staff doesn't put a stop to that.

Just asking for a brawl

If this was the "Old Cleveland" that we all know and love this would have been way worse.  Couldn't pull a stunt like this in the '90s and early '00s as I would definitely know.

1 minute ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

They've played Lincoln and TJ before, I'm not sure if they ever played SFA though. 

I remember talking to this one guy from Cleveland before when they played TJ and he said they wanted to fight them after the game during the '90s but idk what transpired after that because he could only remember bits and pieces.

1 hour ago, Separation Scientist said:

Reverse the races and some are not just permanently off the team, but facing federal hate crimes. It would be on CNN 24/7.  100%.

Well if it was racially motivated, maybe so. I don't think this incident was racially motivated. It's a group of classless kids who felt like it was OK to be disrespectful to a lesser team after a non competitive game. Everyone involved needs to be suspended and whatever else but let's not use this to try to paint false narratives

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

Well if it was racially motivated, maybe so. I don't think this incident was racially motivated. It's a group of classless kids who felt like it was OK to be disrespectful to a lesser team after a non competitive game. Everyone involved needs to be suspended and whatever else but let's not use this to try to paint false narratives

This is definitely isn't racially motivated it's way deeper than that.  Not saying you was insinuating that but talking to the people that went to the game it was more about just sticking it to Cleveland and their town's reputation.

1 hour ago, Setx fan said:

What do think would happen if for example, Kingwood or Friendswood would have done the exact same thing to BU? Could they possibly say that wasn't the "motivation"? That wouldn't fly for a second. I don't care what the "motivation" is, the optics would be horrifying. Kingwood or Friendswood would have their programs suspended and social media would erupt about racism. National media would rush in. Lets be real.   

1 hour ago, Matthew328 said:

Yeah this is a stupid tiktok trend going around...shame on the Willis coaches for allowing it in the first place and then not putting a stop to it....they did it to a team that quite honestly is so bad they really can't defend themselves....lets see them try that on DeSoto or something

This is so wrong in every way. I just cannot understand how coaches would allow this to go on.

This will result in a huge after game fight if it continues.

I don't think you can point at race or a particular city over this instance since the trend appears to be nationwide and at the college level, too.

I personally think that the coaches should handle it immediately before something bad happens... and it will. Suspend the player(s) for a week.  

If in-house doesn't work, the UIL should put schools on notice that this type of behavior will result in a DQ/Forfeiture of the game.  That would put an end to the nonsense.