Willis Football

Absolutely BS! These kids will do absolutely anything they see on Tik Tok! My wife showed me a video of Little league kids doing this same thing a week or so ago. I honestly don't think this is a Willis or Cleveland issue, its a generation and social media thing. There you go got me sounding like my dad! Im sure kids will be punished as they should. Some Coaches will get their asses chewed as well but everyone calling for someone to be fired is a bit much. I would hate for the 10 second actions of 15-17 year olds affect my ability to provide for my family.

The Willis athletic department should be completely embarrassed that these kids would represent their school like this.  Sportsmanship is one of the most important things we teach.  Win with grace. Easy to pick on Cleveland.  One day the shoe will be on the other foot.  I hate Tik Tok.  So much disrespect and stupidity is allowed these days.

13 minutes ago, Eazy said:

I hate Tik Tok. So much disrespect and stupidity is allowed these days.

It's not just TikTok... It's social media targeted at the youth. Instagram, FB, you name it. Definitely a generational aberration. And who allows it?  You want to blame someone? Don't forget to put the parents at the forefront.

22 minutes ago, Eazy said:

The Willis athletic department should be completely embarrassed that these kids would represent their school like this.  Sportsmanship is one of the most important things we teach.  Win with grace. Easy to pick on Cleveland.  One day the shoe will be on the other foot.  I hate Tik Tok.  So much disrespect and stupidity is allowed these days.

Has Willis responded to this at all, or are they quiet on the issue? 6 days later, you'd think something would've been said by now. 

1 hour ago, Kegger said:

Absolutely BS! These kids will do absolutely anything they see on Tik Tok! My wife showed me a video of Little league kids doing this same thing a week or so ago. I honestly don't think this is a Willis or Cleveland issue, its a generation and social media thing. There you go got me sounding like my dad! Im sure kids will be punished as they should. Some Coaches will get their asses chewed as well but everyone calling for someone to be fired is a bit much. I would hate for the 10 second actions of 15-17 year olds affect my ability to provide for my family.

No I don't think the coaches should be fired for it happening, I think they should 100% be fired if the don't respond to it immediately and commensurately.

Per the Cleveland ISD Facebook page

The district is aware of a video making the rounds on social media involving the Willis High School varsity football team and their inappropriate actions towards our varsity football team following last Friday night's game. Please know that this situation has been addressed by Cleveland ISD earlier this week. Superintendent McCanless has personally spoken with the Willis ISD superintendent, and official complaints have been filed with UIL and DEC. Cleveland ISD does not endorse unsportsmanlike conduct and will continue to take appropriate action moving forward.

1 minute ago, BBfan061 said:

If I’m the coach of Cleveland I have a huge issue with this and the Willis coach ain’t making it off the field without a heated conversation 

If Im not mistaken the HC for Cleveland was suspended from the game due to a post game incident with a parent from the previous week.

7 minutes ago, FALCONS2026 said:

No I don't think the coaches should be fired for it happening, I think they should 100% be fired if the don't respond to it immediately and commensurately.

Agreed. There's no way that can go unpunished. Also probably better monitoring of the handshake line as well will need to take place.

ridiculous. I'm with everyone saying that a fight is coming. I imagine there are a lot of players on the Cleveland team that are scared to cause any trouble due to their family's immigration status, and it kinda makes you wonder if the kids from Willis considered that before they did it.  Hopefully UIL drops the hammer on them. The Willis players are classless, and the coaches didn't do a damn thing to stop it.  

13 minutes ago, FALCONS2026 said:

They had the chance to respond to it immediately.  You're not going to tell me that none of the coaches witnessed it happening, are you?  Immediately wouldn't been pulling the players out of the handshake line and throwing them off the field.

12 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

They had the chance to respond to it immediately.  You're not going to tell me that none of the coaches witnessed it happening, are you?  Immediately wouldn't been pulling the players out of the handshake line and throwing them off the field.

The distinction i was trying to make was I think it's unfair to hold a coach accountable for what an undisciplined and disrespectful 17 yr old kid may do on their own, HOWEVER, once it happens it is 100% on the coaches to make it right or face the consequences themselves which should include losing their job in my opinion.

I sure hope none of the coaches saw that while it happened. They have no business coaching young men if that's the case. 

Just now, FALCONS2026 said:

The distinction i was trying to make was I think it's unfair to hold a coach accountable for what an undisciplined and disrespectful 17 yr old kid may do on their own, HOWEVER, once it happens it is 100% on the coaches to make it right or face the consequences themselves which should include losing their job in my opinion.

I sure hope none of the coaches saw that while it happened. They have no business coaching young men if that's the case. 

fair enough.

37 minutes ago, bullets13 said:

ridiculous. I'm with everyone saying that a fight is coming. I imagine there are a lot of players on the Cleveland team that are scared to cause any trouble due to their family's immigration status, and it kinda makes you wonder if the kids from Willis considered that before they did it.  Hopefully UIL drops the hammer on them. The Willis players are classless, and the coaches didn't do a damn thing to stop it.  

Hopefully that's not the reason because if so then this is utterly disrespectful.  Any other reason outside of that is the same but it is what it is.

12 minutes ago, BEAR4LIFE said:

Was able to get the video of LCM kids doing this in the handshake line vs Vidor.  Heard a member of the school board and superintendent have been made aware, however nothing has happened to Peevey's trio as usual.  

That's the Generation Z kids though and how they want to follow social media.  I'm still young (34) but was raised old school.  A simple handshake would have suffice.

1 minute ago, Matthew328 said:

I am hopeful Willis is addressing it, obviously we won't know if they do...but I hope that the players involved are given appropriate punishments and the coaches are educated on the trend and the lack of monitoring the handshake line is addressed

And the Willis coach is a pretty decent person so I wonder why he allowed it especially against a inferior opponent.

1 hour ago, FALCONS2026 said:

It is 1000% not possible that no coach saw it while it was happening.