“I Hate Overtime”

UT alum

Any blue collar Trump lovers out there? Willing to work a 60 hour week straight time? Willing to work 40 hours and have someone else come in and work 8 or 10 hours to finish your job so you don’t get overtime? He’s going to eliminate tax on overtime, all right - by eliminating overtime! You think Trump cares about you? He hates to pay you.

2 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So Trump is going to interfere with private businesses and eliminate overtime???

LOL LOL LOL

Is this before or after he takes over as dictator and becomes a threat to democracy?

They are masters at taking things out of context....almost like they have never had a real job. 

Business owners/managers either approve or deny overtime......Ask ANY business owner if they like overtime.  I don't know one business owner that would rather pay someone 50% more pay to do the same job. 

The dumb that is out on social media amazes me......Business owners do not have unlimited funds....I find it troubling that people do not understand the basics of how a business works.

3 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

So Trump is going to interfere with private businesses and eliminate overtime???

LOL LOL LOL

Is this before or after he takes over as dictator and becomes a threat to democracy?

Maybe. He’s immune, remember? Whether or not he does, he is no friend of the tradesmen in this country. The statement speaks for itself. Sometimes he doesn’t even pay his contract workers period. He’s quite effective at using bankruptcy to line his own pockets.

Just now, thetragichippy said:

They are masters at taking things out of context....almost like they have never had a real job. 

Business owners/managers either approve or deny overtime......Ask ANY business owner if they like overtime.  I don't know one business owner that would rather pay someone 50% more pay to do the same job. 

The dumb that is out on social media amazes me......Business owners do not have unlimited funds....I find it troubling that people do not understand the basics of how a business works.

DOL requires it. It is priced into jobs.  A worker deserves the pay. The overtime takes them away from family and other personal time. Does your post mean you’d favor a return to the 60 hour work week? No overtime? Business owners may hate it. Where would they be with no labor?

4 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Maybe. He’s immune, remember? Whether or not he does, he is no friend of the tradesmen in this country. The statement speaks for itself. Sometimes he doesn’t even pay his contract workers period. He’s quite effective at using bankruptcy to line his own pockets.

Looks like more tradesmen are going to vote for Trump than Harris, even the unions.

Apparently you're out of touch with what hard working hourly folks are thinking.

1 minute ago, UT alum said:

DOL requires it. It is priced into jobs.  A worker deserves the pay. The overtime takes them away from family and other personal time. Does your post mean you’d favor a return to the 60 hour work week? No overtime? Business owners may hate it. Where would they be with no labor?

Business owners do hate it, we're simply pointing out that you make a dumb post inferring that Donald Trump is the only business owner that is not a fan of overtime.

2 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I currently manage a bank......I used to run big box retail (75-100) employees. Both companies have/had a payroll budget. You were required to hit your monthly dollar budget. Managing call outs and vacation, I would approve some overtime.  It is NOT priced into a business.....it may be priced into contractor jobs, but don't think for a second the owner of the contractor company does not want to save payroll and limit the OT. The most controllable expense in a business IS payroll.

You seem to think my opinion is I want straight time no matter the hours worked.  I never said or even implied that. I will be clear, if you work over 40, you should get time OT pay.  I only said Trump was taken out of context. If my bonus is paid off of total profit for the year, I want to limit unnecessary expense. Overtime is the easiest to control......

and BTW, I'm salary - if I work 40 or 60, I get no overtime and I am fine with that,......I make it up in quarterly bonuses. 

58 minutes ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Looks like more tradesmen are going to vote for Trump than Harris, even the unions.

Apparently you're out of touch with what hard working hourly folks are thinking.

Watch and see after that asinine remark gets circulated among them. And don’t forget his little X talk with Elon when he voiced his hatred for unions. Cost him  a Teamster endorsement.

17 minutes ago, UT alum said:

Watch and see after that asinine remark gets circulated among them. And don’t forget his little X talk with Elon when he voiced his hatred for unions. Cost him  a Teamster endorsement.

Certainly didn't cost him teamster's votes, lol.

I know you got fingers crossed that THIS will be the one that brings him down.

3 hours ago, UT alum said:

Is that why the Teamsters won’t endorse Harris either? An internal Teamsters poll says the members support Trump over Harris. But for some reason, the Teamsters, who have always supported a Democrat, won’t support Harris?. Hmmmm. 

5 hours ago, UT alum said:

Any blue collar Trump lovers out there? Willing to work a 60 hour week straight time? Willing to work 40 hours and have someone else come in and work 8 or 10 hours to finish your job so you don’t get overtime? He’s going to eliminate tax on overtime, all right - by eliminating overtime! You think Trump cares about you? He hates to pay you.

My friend, not sure you are aware, but business' do not like OT.  Sometimes, though, it's a necessary evil.  So, what he's saying is not out of the ordinary.  It's a shame your candidates don't know anything about the way business actually works.  Think not?  When's the last time JoeBama or Kommiela met a private payroll?  

Just now, Reagan said:

My friend, not sure you are aware, but business' do not like OT.  Sometimes, though, it's a necessary evil.  So, what he's saying is not out of the ordinary.  It's a shame your candidates don't know anything about the way business actually works.  Think not?  When's the last time JoeBama or Kommiela met a private payroll?  

Hippy gave him a link for a great book. 😂