Vidor (12) @ Bridge City (42) Q4 - Game Thread/Post Updates Here

jdawg03

31 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

Vidor is poorly coached, their stategy is awful. It's going to be a few weeks before they win another game .

B .C. looking good

We play like this we wont win another game

will be in the stands supporting, theres better years ahead boys, just gotta finish off this year on a good note, win a few games along the way

5 minutes ago, Catcher In The Wry said:

I’m just picking with you bud. Please excuse us BC fans.  It’s been a while.  

Bro no hard feelings at all mate, we vidor folk are like this 2/3 years out of 15, so i completely understand it!

Talk that smack while yall can type thing😂

3 hours ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

Man I’m not sure what’s going on in Vidor, I’m still shocked by the lack of players they have suited up. 

The biggest team in the district and had the same amount of kids in uniform as OF. Wonder why kids aren’t playing football??

Good question. Maybe just one of those years where not alot of football players? Im surprised aswell because usually vidor has a good # of players suited

8 hours ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

Man I’m not sure what’s going on in Vidor, I’m still shocked by the lack of players they have suited up. 

The biggest team in the district and had the same amount of kids in uniform as OF. Wonder why kids aren’t playing football??

I would take a wild guess that their physical overbearing offense scheme drags on the kids playing & also the lack of excitement of running the ball up the middle waiting on 3 yards or a miss tackle.   

Orangefield now has 3 full teams because kids are excited to play. 

of course this is just my opinions I have not taken a poll. 

9 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

I would take a wild guess that their physical overbearing offense scheme drags on the kids playing & also the lack of excitement of running the ball up the middle waiting on 3 yards or a miss tackle.   

Orangefield now has 3 full teams because kids are excited to play. 

of course this is just my opinions I have taken a poll. 

I believe you’re right, kids and community have to be bought in to run the slot-t successfully. 

OF never had 3 teams playing when I was there. We had a lot of athletes in the bleachers on Fridays because of the offense. 

Happy to see OF improving as much as they are. I will admit I was a doubter on the new offense. 

9 hours ago, Split Down The Bayou said:

They lost interest years ago with the Slot-T. The offense just doesn't excite them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43

• Bye Week beat Beaumont United by double digits so not all is bad 😁
    • He made the comment as a business man he hated overtime. He never said or implied he wanted to do away with it. He has said overtime should not be taxed. That will benefit the refinery workers in our area big time…..as well as nurses. Not only would you not pay taxes and see the benefit immediately on your paycheck, my guess that at the end of the year, you would subtract all the overtime from your total wages, thus lowering your taxable imcome.
    • Well I thought it would be a better matchup for us more so than us versus yall and we got whooped 🤷🏾‍♂️ we'll see, long time before Ball High meets Lufkin though. 
    • Very critical win for Crosby last night. At no point has the current regime given me any reason to think Crosby should be able to pencil in wins but for the sake of discussion I will for FB Kempner who we play two weeks from now and also Porter who we play a couple of weeks after that. That means if Crosby can beat Kingwood Park next week we’ll most likely finish district play 5-2 and in at least 3rd place.    That being, the team could be a lot better if we had a competent offensive coach. Crosby’s offensive philosophy is to give it to Yarbrough and hope he breaks it which is why we lose to team with above average defensive talent. Crosby’s TE Landen Hammer is 6’2” and about 210lbs with crazy ball skills, an absolute mismatch problem and got one target last night. Friendswood realized Crosby had some playmakers on the edges and lots of times gave the receivers a 10 yard cushion. The problem is that Willis doesn’t know that so not once did we just raise up, throw it out to the receiver and give them an opportunity to be an athlete and make a play. So now that we’ve averaged 8 completions per game through our first four contest because 50% of the time Willis chooses to swap out 50% of the offense we look like we “don’t have the receiving talent that we used to.” Yarbrough probably had close to 300 rushing yards last night but I wouldn’t be surprised if he had 35 carries. I like our backup RB but there are several kids who could help Crosby more at that position and Willis chooses not to play them there and feed Yarbrough to the point he couldn’t even finish the game last night. He continues to display an inability to efficiently use his personnel which is why we get blow out by any team with at least equal talent. Maybe something changes but Willis being 6-19 his last two and a half years on the sideline and his inability to shake the Cedar Park model don’t give much hope, which is unfortunate for the kids. 
    • Big girl is trying to make Oprah sound like Bam Morris, who was busted with 220# of weed in the trunk of his car. When the cops opened the truck and found the weed, Bam said,”That’s not mine”. Give me a break.
  • Topics