Vidor (12) @ Bridge City (42) Q4 - Game Thread/Post Updates Here

jdawg03

Crazy the upheaval over this, people gotta understand, new HC, some players quitting, when a guy like jeff leaves there is gonna be turnover and change. Just from a cultural standpoint. Jeff is a great dude, and is hard to replace, record aside, what he has done for the program and the kids.
I definitely think Dubois can get it done, and build a consistent program, but cannot bet the house on the first year or two. Give Dubois a chance with the kids coming up and let him work.

As ive said before, a great class coming up, if you think the issue lies with the offense, go watch a thursday game and see the difference. Youll be pleasantly surprised at how well the offense is run when you have the kids to do it. Sometimes some groups just dont have the athletes, or the numbers.

The Slot T is not a simple offense to run even tho it looks like it. Offensive line is the cog that runs it, and its extremely complex in the trenches with blocking schemes based on defensive alignment. Something as little as a poor first step by a pulling guard is enough to completely blow a play up.

Not the end of the world. Vidor is not, and never has been a power house, so the idea we should dominate these teams year in and year out is questionable at best. Some years are good, some years are not. 

5 hours ago, VPfan2017 said:

Crazy the upheaval over this, people gotta understand, new HC, some players quitting, when a guy like jeff leaves there is gonna be turnover and change. Just from a cultural standpoint. Jeff is a great dude, and is hard to replace, record aside, what he has done for the program and the kids.
I definitely think Dubois can get it done, and build a consistent program, but cannot bet the house on the first year or two. Give Dubois a chance with the kids coming up and let him work.

As ive said before, a great class coming up, if you think the issue lies with the offense, go watch a thursday game and see the difference. Youll be pleasantly surprised at how well the offense is run when you have the kids to do it. Sometimes some groups just dont have the athletes, or the numbers.

The Slot T is not a simple offense to run even tho it looks like it. Offensive line is the cog that runs it, and its extremely complex in the trenches with blocking schemes based on defensive alignment. Something as little as a poor first step by a pulling guard is enough to completely blow a play up.

Not the end of the world. Vidor is not, and never has been a power house, so the idea we should dominate these teams year in and year out is questionable at best. Some years are good, some years are not. 

DuBois and Mathews suck at coaching football. I'm sorry I said it but it's true. May be good "DUDES" but not good coaches

55 minutes ago, Mr. Thornton Melon said:

DuBois and Mathews suck at coaching football. I'm sorry I said it but it's true. May be good "DUDES" but not good coaches

And ur an expert on coaching football? 

If you dont have TALENT it doesnt matter how good of a coach you are, coaching can only do so much, at the end of the day its about the athletes on the field. Plain and simple. Great coaches can look mediocre if they have no talent, and bad coaching can look decent with good talent. 
The players are the deciding factor in it all. 
Its literally that simple. 
This is highschool sports, you dont get to handpick kids from thousands of the best athletes around the country. Some years you got the horses; some you dont, and coaching can only cover up so much. At the end of the day it reverts back to what ive said before, some years you have it, some you dont, and this year is no different.

I didn’t really hear about this until after the game, but the score might have been affected some because of some changes Vidor made. Apparently, starting on Monday last week, they took their starting RBs out, put a linebacker at FB, their safety in at QB, QB went to TB, and it sounded like they used a DE as a TE or something. 

Just now, RonWithTwoAs said:

I didn’t really hear about this until after the game, but the score might have been affected some because of some changes Vidor made. Apparently, starting on Monday last week, they took their starting RBs out, put a linebacker at FB, their safety in at QB, QB went to TB, and it sounded like they used a DE as a TE or something. 

QB started at TB in years past, stankovich played both sides some this year and last.

Vidor is just thin on the RB group this year, especially with Marlowe suspended, and the starting HB quitting before the season.

1 hour ago, VPfan2017 said:

And ur an expert on coaching football? 

If you dont have TALENT it doesnt matter how good of a coach you are, coaching can only do so much, at the end of the day its about the athletes on the field. Plain and simple. Great coaches can look mediocre if they have no talent, and bad coaching can look decent with good talent. 
The players are the deciding factor in it all. 
Its literally that simple. 
This is highschool sports, you dont get to handpick kids from thousands of the best athletes around the country. Some years you got the horses; some you dont, and coaching can only cover up so much. At the end of the day it reverts back to what ive said before, some years you have it, some you dont, and this year is no different.

Ok, I buy into that up to a point, but are you telling me they haven’t had the talent in 30 years? ( minus the Quarante years)

35 minutes ago, Bigdog said:

Ok, I buy into that up to a point, but are you telling me they haven’t had the talent in 30 years? ( minus the Quarante years)

Nah im not saying that at all, but there’s rarely times where we have athletes across the field at every position, atleast from my recollection.. I got into vidor football hardcore Montanas junior year, and thats as far back as my memory goes with that lol

Could coaching be better? Yeah sure, it can always be better, but to say both of those coaches are bad coaches is a stretch to me.

Just now, VPfan2017 said:

Nah im not saying that at all, but there’s rarely times where we have athletes across the field at every position, atleast from my recollection.. I got into vidor football hardcore Montanas junior year, and thats as far back as my memory goes with that lol

Could coaching be better? Yeah sure, it can always be better, but to say both of those coaches are bad coaches is a stretch to me.

I tend to lean towards a bad offensive system being run by the last two.  I’m not going to pile on the slot t bashing,  but it hasn’t worked out well the last twenty or so years and I think it doesn’t prepare the defense very well either for facing spread or multiple offenses.