Vidor (12) @ Bridge City (42) Q4 - Game Thread/Post Updates Here

jdawg03

59 minutes ago, vhs said:

… you are more clueless than i thought… that statement right there disqualifies you from the conversation … it’s obvious this is a personal thing for you… I think I’m close… I think it was you or your kid that didn’t get enough snaps

Hes always been bashing the program, like a troll when the teams down, and disappears after wins

9 minutes ago, VPfan2017 said:

Hes always been bashing the program, like a troll when the teams down, and disappears after wins

I dont have dog in the fight. But i would also like to see vidor in a different formation. Not because i think the slot t is not effective but maybe it would draw more attention to kids that would like to see more of a passing game. When i was in school running the wishbone our receivers would just block the whole game. They  end up quitting because its option football and we rarely threw the ball  

I don’t think coaching is the problem  Vidor football teams have always played hard and honestly had a few good seasons because of their hard work. Realistically in the history of Vidor pirate football you can probably count on one hand where they had much talent. Year in and year out they are not very talented. In fact most years they are overachievers due to their hard work

2 hours ago, Tiger33 said:

I dont have dog in the fight. But i would also like to see vidor in a different formation. Not because i think the slot t is not effective but maybe it would draw more attention to kids that would like to see more of a passing game. When i was in school running the wishbone our receivers would just block the whole game. They  end up quitting because its option football and we rarely threw the ball  

Yeah some of that goes on too i believe. I would love to run the offense that vanderbuilt was running. Alot of options with that style of play.

i still think the slot t can have a great passing game attached to it, but would involve having teams spread out (similar to what laporte runs, not sure if you want to call that a slot t or more so a west coast style scheme)

41 minutes ago, spidersal said:

I don’t think coaching is the problem  Vidor football teams have always played hard and honestly had a few good seasons because of their hard work. Realistically in the history of Vidor pirate football you can probably count on one hand where they had much talent. Year in and year out they are not very talented. In fact most years they are overachievers due to their hard work

I fully agree, i wish there was more participation, but like Tiger33 said, i think the style of play does discourage some kids to play for vidor, but if we wont open up the system, coach dubois needs to find a way to connect with those kids, and sell his vision in order to get participation. Thats one thing i liked about jeff. When i was there jeff was always talking to the kids, always in the halls. He was seen, and heard all the time and i think it definitely spurred some more involvement than what we are seeing. (Just my opinion in the involvement part) 

I have no kids in the system, and nobody i know at the school anymore so im not sure if dubois is the same way, but i do see dubois at all the football events, so hes definitely there and interacting with the lowerclassmen that way. (I only go to football and some baseball so i use that as my example) 

I like dubois, and hes a heck of a guy, so lets see what he can scheme up in the next few years and see what happens(:

Im confident about it, and i still encourage the people who are dissing on the program to go watch a Thursday night home game and formulate ur own opinion about the upcoming years of pirate football.

3 hours ago, Tiger33 said:

😂😂😂😂 im sorry this is just funny. Impersonating a guy and misspell his own name lol they wonder why criminals get caught lol

Well I can relate and also take umbrage with those who continue to bash me and try to taint my legacy, even though it’s been years since I left this state. 

Signed,

Mac Browne