Orangefield (38) @ Anahuac (0) - FINAL

jdawg03

2 hours ago, hoops784 said:

Oh there is no question OF has better football players. But athletically/talent wise Anahuac has the upper hand. At the skill positions especially. I didn’t see any one from OF that has the talent Coates, Barrier, Richardson, Trotter etc. from Anahuac have. And that’s not a knock on OFAM. OF has tough, disciplined, smart kids who play the game well and that’s why they will win this district

After last night’s performance I don’t see how Anahuac had 1,600 passing in 4 games & 400 rushing. 

maybe Orangefield defense did that much better. The Panthers QB had zero time to even think about setting up. 

38-0. I think Orangefield talent at QB, RB & receivers was equal or better to those you mentioned for at least this game. 

3 hours ago, hoops784 said:

Oh there is no question OF has better football players. But athletically/talent wise Anahuac has the upper hand. At the skill positions especially. I didn’t see any one from OF that has the talent Coates, Barrier, Richardson, Trotter etc. from Anahuac have. And that’s not a knock on OFAM. OF has tough, disciplined, smart kids who play the game well and that’s why they will win this district

3 hours ago, hoops784 said:

Manning kid has an FBS offer with a school rumored to soon be Power 5.  Forget Anahuac, he’s probably the most athletically talented kid in the district. 

Just now, TxHoops said:

And also not as athletic as Manning…

Maybe not.

I have to say, when I attended the OF/BC game a few weeks ago, not one player for OF really stood out to me. Maybe it was just a bad game, maybe BC is really that good. I don't know. But OF looked average that night and no player stood out, athletically.

I am going to make a point to go to OF/EC game (unless there is a more intriguing game that night) . Looks like the Bobcats and their new offense have got it rolling.

Just now, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe not.

I have to say, when I attended the OF/BC game a few weeks ago, not one player for OF really stood out to me. Maybe it was just a bad game, maybe BC is really that good. I don't know. But OF looked average that night and no player stood out, athletically.

I am going to make a point to go to OF/EC game (unless there is a more intriguing game that night) . Looks like the Bobcats and their new offense have got it rolling.

That we can agree on, OF looked bad that night, I think they are just starting to get comfortable with the seismic shift in offensive philosophy from the past decade. 

For the record, it was not my intention to insult Orangefield at all and it seems like y’all took it that way. Manning kid might be the real deal, I dont know. I watched for a half though and I couldn’t tell you which one he was. 

To correct my previous post and maybe make my point more clear: 

Anahuac has the athletes to compete with anybody in the district. Some of the best athletes in the district play for Anahuac, IN MY OPINION. They have the players to not lose to Orangefield 38-0 and I think most people can agree

1 minute ago, hoops784 said:

For the record, it was not my intention to insult Orangefield at all and it seems like y’all took it that way. Manning kid might be the real deal, I dont know. I watched for a half though and I couldn’t tell you which one he was. 

To correct my previous post and maybe make my point more clear: 

Anahuac has the athletes to compete with anybody in the district. Some of the best athletes in the district play for Anahuac, IN MY OPINION. They have the players to not lose to Orangefield 38-0 and I think most people can agree

I definitely expected a more competitive game & yes Anahuac definitely has better athletes than 38-0 In my opinion.

2 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Maybe not.

Obviously BC is pretty good.  Other than Manning breaking off a long run toward the end of the game, not many highlights.  BC is bigger, stronger and faster than OF and has one of the best QBs in the area.  

That said, they also play in different classifications.  And although I’m not the biggest transitive guy, OF boat racing Hardin 59-zip who then plays EC to 28-22 the following week makes me wonder why people were shocked by the score last night.  You can never overlook the BISD West Buccaneers and I’m sure the Bobcats won’t.  Coldspring is another team to watch in that district. 

3 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Obviously BC is pretty good.  Other than Manning breaking off a long run toward the end of the game, not many highlights.  BC is bigger, stronger and faster than OF and has one of the best QBs in the area.  

That said, they also play in different classifications.  And although I’m not the biggest transitive guy, OF boat racing Hardin 59-zip who then plays EC to 28-22 the following week makes me wonder why people were shocked by the score last night.  You can never overlook the BISD West Buccaneers and I’m sure the Bobcats won’t.  Coldspring is another team to watch in that district. 

I had several coaches (from 3 different teams) tell me that watched film of the Hardin/OF game that said that OF is not 59 points better than Hardin. Was just one of those games that snowballed on Hardin. It was 21-0 halfway thru 1st Q due to botched opening kickoff and two fumbles on first two possessions. But like Parcells always said, you are what your record and score says you are.

I admit, I was very surprised with the score from last night. I did pick Anahuac to win and certainly did not have them being shutout to the tune of 38-0. 

Contrary to your comment about the score should not be surprising, I strongly disagree and from the looks of the pickems and comments, others do too.

Maybe you are just smarter than everyone. lol

7 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I had several coaches (from 3 different teams) tell me that watched film of the Hardin/OF game that said that OF is not 59 points better than Hardin. Was just one of those games that snowballed on Hardin. It was 21-0 halfway thru 1st Q due to botched opening kickoff and two fumbles on first two possessions. But like Parcells always said, you are what your record and score says you are.

I admit, I was very surprised with the score from last night. I did pick Anahuac to win and certainly did not have them being shutout to the tune of 38-0. 

Contrary to your comment about the score should not be surprising, I strongly disagree and from the looks of the pickems and comments, others do too.

Maybe you are just smarter than everyone. lol

Well, not EVERYONE but clearly smarter than most. 

1 hour ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Big TE/DE for Anahuac is committed to University of Louisiana Rajun Cajuns.

From the 2 quarters of the game that I caught it looked like they weren't using him enough on offense. On defense they had him dropping back in coverage instead of blitzing the edges. He probably caused 3 or 4 of the 6 turnovers against Woodville blitzing the edges and pressuring the QB. 

Give me The ORANGEMEN by as many as they want against EC and Coldspring. Yes, Anahuac has athletes, but that’s irrelevant if said athletes are undisciplined and dare I say not focused in the slightest bit. I’d rather have a team of lesser “athletes” yet are sound, focused, and executes the game plan any day of the week compared to solely athletes who get whipped up front and won’t tackle. If the ORANGE proves me wrong, I’ll eat my crow on a buccaneer platter with a side of alligator! 

53 minutes ago, Setx fan said:

From the 2 quarters of the game that I caught it looked like they weren't using him enough on offense. On defense they had him dropping back in coverage instead of blitzing the edges. He probably caused 3 or 4 of the 6 turnovers against Woodville blitzing the edges and pressuring the QB. 

They didn’t use him at all last year either until the last quarter & they scored. He was extremely hard to bring down last night but they took or didn’t give him the ball to him much 

I think he would have been much more impactful going up field than dropping back. 

30 minutes ago, Bobcat101 said:

They didn’t use him at all last year either until the last quarter & they scored. He was extremely hard to bring down last night but they took or didn’t give him the ball to him much 

I think he would have been much more impactful going up field than dropping back. 

Yea you have to utilize what you have. And OF is a good team with a couple athletes as good as anybody. Manning being the first that comes to mind. I really didn't think OF Oline would be able to hold Anahuac's defensive front off though

6 hours ago, Bobcats0809 said:

Mason Manning was the most talented kid on the field last night if there is a huge talent disparity I guess I just didn’t see it. Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

I would say the QB did very too.  He stayed poise in the pocket most of the night and only scrambled when needed or on a designed QB run.  But the RB definitely did most of the damage on the ground.

4 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

After last night’s performance I don’t see how Anahuac had 1,600 passing in 4 games & 400 rushing. 

maybe Orangefield defense did that much better. The Panthers QB had zero time to even think about setting up. 

38-0. I think Orangefield talent at QB, RB & receivers was equal or better to those you mentioned for at least this game. 

I don't see how that was possible either because Barrier was getting sacked all night long and threw 2 INTs.  But I do remember at least 2 or 3 drives that Anahuac marched down the field on yall but it was the defense for Orangefield that was making the plays all night long.

3 hours ago, BBfan061 said:

This district may actually win 2-3 bi district games… Other than Palestine Westwood district 9 I don’t think is that great… 

Basically that's what is has come to.  A race to not become the 4th seed in our district because I would say that would be an automatic loss against Westwood.