Crosby (34) @ Kingwood Park (14) - FINAL

jdawg03

Last night was the first time I’ve seen Crosby this year. With what I saw from the personnel on the field, I thought the staff did a good job with the game plan. I’ve heard some displeasure. My observation was that Crosby looked pretty good. Of course, the focus is on 2. But, it should be IMHO. He’s a solid player.

Congrats on the win. I think this pretty much tied up a PO spot.

15 minutes ago, MrFleet23 said:

Saw a few glimpses of the old Crosby out there. Unfortunate for the other QB getting injured however we let Lott get in rhythm and it pays off. Folks keep saying CHS doesn’t have the talent. That’s simply not true. But in order to stay within the rules I’ll keep my opinion to myself. 

I did a whole post about this many years ago (gonna see if I can find it and bump it to the top), but it's really not difficult to state an opinion without violating our rules, even when the opinion is about a coach or his coaching. but if you don't trust yourself to be able to stay within the rules, it's always best to err on the side of caution ;)

1 hour ago, Austin1985 said:

Yeah.  With respect to certain Crosby fans, I was really looking for a non-talented, disorganized team out there but I was pleasantly surprised. 

Go Cougs

I don’t think any Crosby fans said they don’t have the talent. Quite the contrary, they don’t have the leadership. 

On 10/11/2024 at 1:24 PM, Austin1985 said:

Ah.  Didn't fully comprehend what 14.2 was putting down.  Looks like everyone's playing where they supposed to 

It looks like that because we played better overall. He’s been moving some players around the last couple of weeks and actually trying to get some of his athletes the ball which is a lot more “offensive coordinating” than he’s been doing during his time in Crosby. We’ll take the progress where we can get it though. 

We’re 3-0 in district play because we have better football players than three teams we’ve played. Again, you take the progress from the beginning of the year where we were losing to a team like Dayton who has half the talent we do. The issue is being consistently blown out by teams with equal or slightly better talent.  

Crosby is benefitting record-wise from a weak district but it’s helping us learn to win again. Thursday was the most swagger I’ve seen a Crosby team play with since Willis has been our coach. Wins are wins but if you’re objectively looking at what Crosby is considering progress after a year and a half under Willis it’s a game where we play two good quarters and then get shut out until late in the fourth quarter against a team with not near the personnel of La Porte or Angleton. Crosby could be a lot better than we are but I will admit this is the best we’ve looked under Willis. I guess it’s just going to take the kids overplaying his system and play-calling to achieve the results the last two coaches did?