West Orange-Stark (39) @ Jasper (36) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Great comeback by WO-S.

Glad I chose to come to this one.

Definitely sounds like you chose well.  

All the Orange area teams were fortunate to escape with wins tonight (except for LCM who pulled away was able to separate in the 2h).  

16 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Hail Hiawatha 

Nah that defense has to get 112% better if the plan on doing anything like wos teams of old that had great defenses. And too many mental mistakes. If coach t was there and this had happen. The film would be thrown through the wall on Saturday morning. And how do I know. Because he threw it through the wall when we beat bridge city 65 to 15 one year. Those 15 point came from us having mental breakdowns during the game. And jasper continue to call the plays like they were calling in the first half. Probably would have hung a 50 piece on wos. If that defense doesn't improve. They won't beat anyone else that good like jasper. Playing catch up is never a good thing. Wos won which I'm happy about but at the same time. This is still not west-orange-stark-high-school football be any means. 

3 hours ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

Nah that defense has to get 112% better if the plan on doing anything like wos teams of old that had great defenses. And too many mental mistakes. If coach t was there and this had happen. The film would be thrown through the wall on Saturday morning. And how do I know. Because he threw it through the wall when we beat bridge city 65 to 15 one year. Those 15 point came from us having mental breakdowns during the game. And jasper continue to call the plays like they were calling in the first half. Probably would have hung a 50 piece on wos. If that defense doesn't improve. They won't beat anyone else that good like jasper. Playing catch up is never a good thing. Wos won which I'm happy about but at the same time. This is still not west-orange-stark-high-school football be any means. 

He will do enough to earn an extension 

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe he could win a state title this season or next and some will still want him fired.

Your absolutely right. WOS expectations are very high. They just dont care about the win its how they win. Shutting the opponent out  and being dominant in all phases of the game. Well the truth is Coach Thompson and Coach Hooks are gone and we now know its not all about talent if you expect that high of a standard. Coach Thompson held players accountable and they wanted him gone. Its going to be hard to find old school football coaches because kids and parents are soft these days.   

51 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

I believe he could win a state title this season or next and some will still want him fired.

This is true… while I was never on board with the hire from a OUTSIDERS perspective I think him and his staff have done a better job this year and deserve some credit. People will complain regardless… 

The 2 DCs was a tremendous problem his first 2 years. Going back to the traditional defense has helped. But we still on the edge of shooting ourself in the foot in every part of that game. Bottom line is I'm happy the kids are having success. KJ had the stongest game Ive seen personally. #5 made some great catches last night. The defense made the stops when they needed to. Everyone on the team contributed. Wish I would've stayed a bit longer to see them celebrate. But the Whataburger penalty flags were calling my name around the 3rd quarter. Great broadcast by KJAS team last night too. It was also my 1st trip to the new Dawg House. I particularly love the raised area near the entrance with tailgating and kids playing. There's something about keeping the community in touch with the program that they understand very well up there. Good game Jasper. Look forward to making the trip again in a couple years.

53 minutes ago, BBfan061 said:

This is true… while I was never on board with the hire from a OUTSIDERS perspective I think him and his staff have done a better job this year and deserve some credit. People will complain regardless… 

The because he got rid of those 2 so called defensive coaches went back to the 50 and now he is calling the shots. In other words should had left well enough alone in the place.

1 minute ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

The 2 DCs was a tremendous problem his first 2 years. Going back to the traditional defense has helped. But we still on the edge of shooting ourself in the foot in every part of that game. Bottom line is I'm happy the kids are having success. KJ had the stongest game Ive seen personally. #5 made some great catches last night. The defense made the stops when they needed to. Everyone on the team contributed. Wish I would've stayed a bit longer to see them celebrate. But the Whataburger penalty flags were calling my name around the 3rd quarter. Great broadcast by KJAS team last night too. It was also my 1st trip to the new Dawg House. I particularly love the raised area near the entrance with tailgating and kids playing. There's something about keeping the community in touch with the program that they understand very well up there. Good game Jasper. Look forward to making the trip again in a couple years.

And bring back the dog bone turkey legs!!!

4 minutes ago, Bring back the 50 defense said:

And bring back the dog bone turkey legs!!!

When we talked at halftime I really wanted to pick his brain and hear his thoughts. But i know he wants privacy and to just be another fan. Looked like most people respected that last night.

8 minutes ago, WO-S 89 said:

So coming back from 17 points to a 2-4 team is something to be excited about. 

See buddy, some only care about the Win and not how they win. The good old days are long gone. I mean Alabama lost to Vanderbilt. Do you think a Nick Saban team would have done that probably not