Huffman (65) @ Vidor (38) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 hour ago, VPfan2017 said:

Soooo offense outside of turnovers is averaging like 6 yards a play… defense gives up 60… but is it still dubois’s fault? Even tho hes running the offense?

Dont understand the Dubois hate with this stuff. 

My friend, look, the buck starts and stops with the head coach.  He hired the DC.  The part of a championship coach is being able to hire quality assistant coaches.  BTW, I see another Dubois on staff.  The HC's son/brother?  If so, is this a concern?  Or best hire available?  

4 minutes ago, Reagan said:

My friend, look, the buck starts and stops with the head coach.  He hired the DC.  The part of a championship coach is being able to hire quality assistant coaches.  BTW, I see another Dubois on staff.  The HC's son/brother?  If so, is this a concern?  Or best hire available?  

Dubois did not hire fletcher. Fletcher was there while mathews was there. So that argument is invalid. Dubois has made 1 hire since he has been there as far as i know. The issue with vidor is the same as it always is. We do not fire coaches for poor performance.
The other dubois is his son. 

1 minute ago, VPfan2017 said:

Dubois did not hire fletcher. Fletcher was there while mathews was there. So that argument is invalid. Dubois has made 1 hire since he has been there as far as i know. The issue with vidor is the same as it always is. We do not fire coaches for poor performance.

Well. One hire that did not come with him from a previous stop. I believe Smith, and Caleb came with him from previous stop.

10 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Dubois retaining the DC is an issue i think. Now idk how coordinator contracts work though, not sure if its a one year contract that gets renewed yearly or a multi year contract 

6 minutes ago, VPfan2017 said:

Dubois retaining the DC is an issue i think. Now idk how coordinator contracts work though, not sure if its a one year contract that gets renewed yearly or a multi year contract 

If that's the case, then you are right.  But the problem may be the HC thinks the DC's great.  But, on the other hand, you may be right, he may have been stuck with him.  But -- just like PNG and Nederland did, the new HC "should" be able to bring in a new DC.  

14 minutes ago, VPfan2017 said:

Unless the son was the best hire available, this is a problem.  What do you think?

20 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Unless the son was the best hire available, this is a problem.  What do you think?

Im not sure tbh, ik we were shorthanded on coaches. But i cannot fault a man for wanting to coach with his son. I would do the same thing in his position, i would want to coach with my son too

And i agree, a HC/AD should have full control of who he can hire and fire, but idk how contract situation works at vidor, i dont think its public information to look up either.. idk if dubois has that power or not, it may have to go through the schoolboard, but again i have no clue.. it would make sense to let ur AD decide on coaching decisions

Just from my experience i dont think ive ever heard of vidor firing a coach, its always been “let the contract expire and not offer a new one” type thing, but im not part of any of that process, thats just based on rumor ive heard through the rumor mill Though.. idek if its close to the truth

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

Do you know how common it is for HC to bring new OC and DC?!?!  Dubois is not good. Period! He needs to be gone. Period! But you keep defending him… 🤡 

Yeah as i said it is commonplace, but i dont know if he has the POWER TO DO THAT OR IF IT HAS TO BE SCHOOLBOARD APPROVED. 
Im defending dubois to an extent because not everything is the fault of one person. You cannot blame dubois for kids quitting because they only want to play for jeff mathews and nobody else. You cannot fault dubois for players getting caught with vapes, failing drug tests, etc. You cannot fault dubois for us just not having enough athletes to make any system work after the quitting, and suspension. But hey yeah its ALLLLLLL the coaches fault 🤡 

At what point are you going to realize that this group is just not very good, but if you think you can do better by all means go talk to him. His office is always open.

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

Do you know how common it is for HC to bring new OC and DC?!?!  Dubois is not good. Period! He needs to be gone. Period! But you keep defending him… 🤡 

Personally i dont think you have a clue of what is actually happening, and your fall back is to just blame dubois.

No dog in this hunt. However, head coaches/AD’s can hire/reassign coaches. 
easy to knock em yet they will spend around 70+ hours each week in practice games and class. They will come up with a plan and attempt to execute it. The problem is football is a zero sum game. Half win half lose. Look past that are the kids playing hard and both look organized and line up correctly. Easy to criticize those in the arena. 

12 hours ago, CCRed said:

They threw 3 passes, one was an interception. That is more than I normally see. 

I am out of the country watched the game on laptop. I am a Huffman fan but a huge fan of the Vidor offense. 

One of those passes in the first half was perfect. Caught HH defense sleeping and threw a deep ball that got to the 2-3 yard line. Right play at the right time. 

12 hours ago, CCRed said:

They threw 3 passes, one was an interception. That is more than I normally see. 

I am out of the country watched the game on laptop. I am a Huffman fan but a huge fan of the Vidor offense. 

One of those passes in the first half was perfect. Caught HH defense sleeping and threw a deep ball that got to the 2-3 yard line. Right play at the right time. 

1 hour ago, texbuzz said:

Huffman looked good. Got a few skill players i was impressed with. Lots of size on the perimeter, number 0 is a matchup NIGHTMARE. Especially with how much they moved him around