Coldspring-Oakhurst (26) @ Orangefield (28) - FINAL

jdawg03

3 minutes ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

Great game by both teams... Trojans had plenty of chances to put it away but 2 fumbles in the 2nd half made them lose it.

Sounds like OF had some early, and CS late.  I heard some chatter earlier that concerned me that some were thinking this game was going to be a breeze.  Very fortunate to win this one.  Coldspring is definitely a team that could win out in this district if they clean up some mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, TxHoops said:

Sounds like OF had some early, and CS late.  I heard some chatter earlier that concerned me that some were thinking this game was going to be a breeze.  Very fortunate to win this one.  Coldspring is definitely a team that could win out in this district if they clean up some mistakes. 

We just need to see next week how this East Chambers game will go but Orangefield is definitely in the driver's seat in district.

1 hour ago, TxHoops said:

It was for sure a back & forth game. 

fumbles, interceptions & penalties keep both teams in the game. 

1 hour ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

It was very scary... It was like he collapsed on the field but that was definitely a leg issue.

That was very scary! Glad to see he was up and moving around at the end of the game. Hope it’s not anything too serious. He’s fun to watch. I was wondering how many yards he ended up with. I couldn’t find any Coldspring stats. The Orangefield stats I saw had Manning with 255 yards rushing. 

2 hours ago, Cat22 said:

That was very scary! Glad to see he was up and moving around at the end of the game. Hope it’s not anything too serious. He’s fun to watch. I was wondering how many yards he ended up with. I couldn’t find any Coldspring stats. The Orangefield stats I saw had Manning with 255 yards rushing. 

I won't find out about his injury update until I get off but I'm pretty sure he ended up close to 200 rushing.

4 hours ago, TrojanWarrior08 said:

@Cat22 @TxAthlete409 @TxHoops @Bobcat101 by the way who was that woman on yall's side in the 1st quarter that was hollering and cussing her you know what off?  She has a worse sailor mouth than me 😆 🤣 😂.

I didn’t hear her at the game. I’ll have to go watch the stream and see if I can hear her. 

Ok. Here me out. I hate generalizing but bear with me. 

this has always been my issue with the Double Wing T / Slot T / Wing T. 

it’s not that it’s not a good offensive scheme it actually is very good. 

That type of offense is absolutely brutal to not only the running back and the quarterback, but also the lineman. To complicate things even further most of your athletes on offense, skill players will be playing on defense where they will get the majority of the contact. 

By the time the player gets to mid third-quarter or fourth, the skill players are completely exhausted from running up to middle and being tackled every 3 yards x 6 people on top of them and then have to turn around and run and chase the other offense down. 

Cold spring running back was absolutely destroying the line of scrimmage, gaining 3/4 yards at a time and he did that for about 50/60 yards and his body just gave out he was probably exhausted because he probably played 70 to 80% of all the place. Playing 80% of the plays on both offense or defense is completely different at running back then at wide receiver like Travis Hunter.  

all this to say is the running of the wing T double wing T slot T is OK for liberty Hill because they have 5/6 running backs that are just as good as the starter but even two years ago injury caused them to lose a very big game, by a lot of points against PNG  

even though Orangefield‘s running back had 34 carries the majority of those carries were out on the flank and where he was only tackled by a few players, whereas Coldsprings  running backs were tackled by five or six of Orangefield players, and that wears a kids body down

None of what I’m saying is science all I’m saying is based off the last 14 years of seeing Orangefield run that kind of often it took a toll on running backs for the last 12 years the only one I can think that did not get hurt during his career was The kid that got 2,000 in a season. 

5 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

That type of offense is absolutely brutal to not only the running back and the quarterback, but also the lineman. To complicate things even further most of your athletes on offense, skill players will be playing on defense where they will get the majority of the contact. 

By the time the player gets to mid third-quarter or fourth, the skill players are completely exhausted from running up to middle and being tackled every 3 yards x 6 people on top of them and then have to turn around and run and chase the other offense down. 

Cold spring running back was absolutely destroying the line of scrimmage, gaining 3/4 yards at a time and he did that for about 50/60 yards and his body just gave out he was probably exhausted because he probably played 70 to 80% of all the place. Playing 80% of the plays on both offense or defense is completely different at running back then at wide receiver like Travis Hunter.  

all this to say is the running of the wing T double wing T slot T is OK for liberty Hill because they have 5/6 running backs that are just as good as the starter but even two years ago injury caused them to lose a very big game, by a lot of points against PNG  

even though Orangefield‘s running back had 34 carries the majority of those carries were out on the flank and where he was only tackled by a few players, whereas Coldsprings  running backs were tackled by five or six of Orangefield players, and that wears a kids body down

None of what I’m saying is science all I’m saying is based off the last 14 years of seeing Orangefield run that kind of often it took a toll on running backs for the last 12 years the only one I can think that did not get hurt during his career was The kid that got 2,000 in a season. 

There have been run based offenses since football was invented. Injuries happen in every type of offense with the same frequency 

6 hours ago, Bobcat101 said:

In the 8 plus years I’ve lived in Bellville on varsity I can count on one hand the number of injured O lineman and running backs we have had.