Beaumont West Brook vs Port Arthur Memorial Titans

PINETREE

Who wins?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• PA Memorial
    • West Brook

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/19/2024 at 12:00 AM

11 hours ago, Yeoj said:

Early College should be a program implemented at each High School and doesn't need its own campus. That's a whole faculty and staff that has to be paid for which is a complete waste of resources. My statement had absolutely nothing to do with sports.

Nah, gonna disagree with you on this one. It removes almost all of the distractions that you have at a regular high school.  These kids who are driven to succeed and want to focus solely on academics are allowed an atmosphere that is almost college-like. They don't have to deal with the troublemakers, the kids that don't even want to be at school, fights, noise, overcrowding, etc. etc.  If you implement it at two campuses, you have to hire faculty and staff at TWO locations to run it, and it wouldn't be nearly as effective. It also, to a small degree, alleviates overcrowding in the other high schools. BISD has 29 campuses, and this campus is without a doubt one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest to run.  I worked in that district for 15 years, and they find a LOT of ways to waste resources and money, but this campus has been a big success.

EDIT: apologies, i'll get back on topic.  Although to be fair, this whole thread has been ALLL over the place.