Elon Musk Was Able To Do Something NASA Was Never Able To Do!!

Reagan

• Reagan changed the title to Elon Musk Was Able To Do Something NASA Was Never Able To Do!!
25 minutes ago, Reagan said:

Elon Musk -- excellent job!!  Later, I'll provide the break down in cost for Musk vs NASA to accomplish these things!  You'll be amazed!

I’d like to see it. Does it include R&D costs? It’s a lot easier to build stuff for which someone else pioneered and developed the technology.

9 hours ago, UT alum said:

I’d like to see it. Does it include R&D costs? It’s a lot easier to build stuff for which someone else pioneered and developed the technology.

That’s a fair statement. But the same pioneering & technology existed for NASA and any other organization to take advantage of. It’s truly remarkable what SpaceX has accomplished. I can’t wait to see what’s next.

11 hours ago, UT alum said:

From the clip:  "SpaceX's space launches are generally less expensive than NASA's, and SpaceX has been more efficient than NASA in other ways as well:  SpaceX's Falcon 9 rocket launches have been advertised at around $62 million per launch, while larger rockets like the Falcon Heavy can cost upwards of $90 million per launch.  On the higher end, NASA's Space Launch System (SLS) is estimated to cost over $2 billion per launch."

Let's also understand:  Elon did this while running multiple billion dollar companies.  While being the father of 12 kids.  While campaigning for a Presidential candidate.  Major respect to him and his team!

@thetragichippy

5 minutes ago, UT alum said:

He didn’t invent or discover rocket technology. That’s like saying Bezos invented the delivery van. Oh, he launches rockets, too.

He not only launches them, he lands them after mission.

Sad that your hatred for Trump won't even allow you to acknowledge the accomplishments of a genius like Musk, simply because he supports Trump.