• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wingsup
    Newest Member
    wingsup

• We get to beat Weak Brooke on Saturday too, in the UIL Band Competition over at Png 😎  The care bears are going to be sick of us this weekend.   Go Titans!!! 
    • Certainly wouldn't want to be on Israel's naughty list.
    • Nah, gonna disagree with you on this one. It removes almost all of the distractions that you have at a regular high school.  These kids who are driven to succeed and want to focus solely on academics are allowed an atmosphere that is almost college-like. They don't have to deal with the troublemakers, the kids that don't even want to be at school, fights, noise, overcrowding, etc. etc.  If you implement it at two campuses, you have to hire faculty and staff at TWO locations to run it, and it wouldn't be nearly as effective. It also, to a small degree, alleviates overcrowding in the other high schools. BISD has 29 campuses, and this campus is without a doubt one of the cheapest, if not the cheapest to run.  I worked in that district for 15 years, and they find a LOT of ways to waste resources and money, but this campus has been a big success. EDIT: apologies, i'll get back on topic.  Although to be fair, this whole thread has been ALLL over the place.
    • We will be nicer to them than that if we play them 
    • Greetings everyone! I'm a little late in posting this but it's that time of year again and the return of the annual UIL Region 10 Marching Band Contest! The contest will be held Saturday October 19, 2024 at Port Neches-Groves HS Stadium. The schedule shows 29 bands competing to earn that coveted Division 1 rating and the chance to move on to state competition. Admission is $5 to get in. As of right now, I plan to attend and record all the bands. If y'all want, come say hi to me as I battle the weather elements and try to get the best video/audio recordings of our local high school bands. Once I get back home, I will start to edit the video and audio, then post onto my YouTube. Weather forecast looks to be a pleasant day with highs reaching the low 80s with a bit of a breeze throughout. I still have to apply the sunscreen as it will be mostly sunny. A reminder that ALL classifications will have the opportunity to advance past region to area/state competition. Keep in mind that we have separate open class (contemporary-style) and military class tracks for state marching band contest. Some of my thoughts: - One school missing from last year (2023) includes Warren. - Port Arthur Memorial returns to contest after a 2-year absence (2021). - Lamar University will be performing twice for exhibition as they did last year. - Beaumont United and West Brook High Schools dropped down to 5A after the last UIL realignment, meaning there are no 6A schools. - Currently we have 3-2A, 8-3A, 12-4A, 6-5A bands participating. Best wishes to all participating bands as they finish learning their music/drill and polishing up their shows in the next week.
  • Topics