Montgomery Lake Creek (35) @ Nederland (43) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, Rez said:

Their band took too long, then the team interrupted the Ned band. Classless. 

It's a football game. Not a band contest. Clear the field when time is up. Few weeks ago the Episcopal kickers started "warming up" while WOS band still in the field. Director had to usher them to the sideline. 

2 minutes ago, WOSdrummer99 said:

It's a football game. Not a band contest. Clear the field when time is up. Few weeks ago the Episcopal kickers started "warming up" while WOS band still in the field. Director had to usher them to the sideline. 

There's nothing that pisses off a band parent more than saying "it's a football game" 

1 minute ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

There's nothing that pisses off a band parent more than saying "it's a football game" 

And there's a bunch of ppl in the stands who buy tickets and concessions that wouldn't be there if their kids weren't band, drill team, cheerleaders etc. 

10 minutes ago, Rez said:

This was one of those “transformation right before your eyes” kinds of games. Nederland’s defense played like a top-tier team. Byars had nowhere to run, and I’m not sure Marcos has ever been hit that much. 

I think that the Ned turning point this season was the WOS game. Then tonight they really turned the corner.  

BTW, I think the turning point for PNG's defense this season was the end-of-game sack of MLC's QB by #35. 

MLC has been providing lots of turning points for district foes this season it seems. 

1 minute ago, 1970 said:

I think that the Ned turning point this season was the WOS game. Then tonight they really turned the corner.  

BTW, I think the turning point for PNG's defense this season was the end-of-game sack of MLC's QB by #35. 

MLC has been providing lots of turning points for district foes this season it seems. 

PNG was after the MLC game when Coach McDaniel was able to be back on the sidelines. Different D since. 

I think the turning point was after the Silsbee game when they got kicked around. I think coach Rich and staff had a heart to heart during the bye week and the Bulldogs are continuing to improve. Tonight’s defensive game plan was very good and Thomas is outstanding plus Sunday is getting a lot better passing the ball and some receivers are starting to show up

1 hour ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

In some related news there's alot of LIVID Bulldog band parents because Lake Creek ran onto the field during the Nederland halftime performance and the Lake Creek Band started their performance late

Could they file a complaint with the UIL?

5 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The proper remedy would have been a penalty against Lake Creek assessed on the 2nd Half Kickoff but the referees tonight were so horrible tonight they wouldn't have thrown it anyway

At the time, I was actually disappointed in the LC coach for letting his team on the field when he knew the Ned band was still performing.  

7 minutes ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

The proper remedy would have been a penalty against Lake Creek assessed on the 2nd Half Kickoff but the referees tonight were so horrible tonight they wouldn't have thrown it anyway

This evening before the PNG vs WF began, there was an advertisement on the scoreboard screen from TASO, which basically said that they are shorthanded this year with officials and they are recruiting with paid training.  WTH? What is going on with a lack of seasoned officials in the state of Texas??

1 minute ago, Rob Corpus said:

This evening before the PNG vs WF began, there was an advertisement on the scoreboard screen from TASO, which basically said that they are shorthanded this year with officials and they are recruiting with paid training.  WTH? What is going on with a lack of seasoned officials in the state of Texas??

Alot of good referees have retired in recent years 

51 minutes ago, Rob Corpus said:

Houston Chronicle, I think, had a good article on this last week. Or maybe this week; and maybe it was somewhere else I saw it.  Anyway, lots of older guys leaving for various reasons, and not many new and/or younger guys joining the ranks. Too much hassle, too much time, too much rudeness and lack of sportsmanship, no respect, and in some cases too dangerous.