Mid-County Madness 2024

chief1987

Who wins MCM ‘24?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins MCM?

• Nederland
    • PNG

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/25/2024 at 11:00 PM

10 hours ago, Cougtalk said:

I'm an outside, I have no skin in this game.

PNG should be considered the favorite in this game, they should be the heavy favorite. 

That being said PNG has not looked like last years team, they look like a smart, savvy veteran team that is not quite as talented as last year. 

Nederland if they want to win needs to punch PNG in the mouth from the moment the game starts until it ends they need to turn this into a brawl as much as a game in the trenches. 

PNG is bigger, stronger, more accomplished, and has the better coaching staff and because of all of those reasons I think the dogs take this one, because it's not called mid-county expectations it's called mid-county madness and madness ensures the dogs come out of top.

I think the issue that I've seen with PN-G this year is the secondary they look more talented to me offensively than last year the only guy they are really missing offensively is Shea Adams but Shea could do it all PNG has two capable running backs who have replaced Isaiah Nguyen well

19 hours ago, NHSBulldogFan said:

I think the issue that I've seen with PN-G this year is the secondary they look more talented to me offensively than last year the only guy they are really missing offensively is Shea Adams but Shea could do it all PNG has two capable running backs who have replaced Isaiah Nguyen well

I disagree with this comment! Our passing game isn't close to where it was last year. We have one guy that can beat you deep. Last year we had multiple wr's that could go get the ball. If someone can shut our run game down and take down our top wr then they can beat us. The problem is shutting the run game down. Our defense don't have near the speed we had last year either. We can be beat in the passing game. Big changes have been made on defense since early in the season. We are stopping the run much better but a decent passing team can beat our secondary. I'd say our team speed is lacking this year. And special teams hasn't been good all season. We definitely have holes and can be beat. We've won the close games that could have easily went the other way. We're still a very good football team though and Nederland will have to earn it to win it. Should be a good football game.

1 hour ago, Eagle91 said:

I disagree with this comment! Our passing game isn't close to where it was last year. We have one guy that can beat you deep. Last year we had multiple wr's that could go get the ball. If someone can shut our run game down and take down our top wr then they can beat us. The problem is shutting the run game down. Our defense don't have near the speed we had last year either. We can be beat in the passing game. Big changes have been made on defense since early in the season. We are stopping the run much better but a decent passing team can beat our secondary. I'd say our team speed is lacking this year. And special teams hasn't been good all season. We definitely have holes and can be beat. We've won the close games that could have easily went the other way. We're still a very good football team though and Nederland will have to earn it to win it. Should be a good football game.

Toward the second half of last year PN-G was getting the majority of yards rushing and receiving from Nguyen Adams and Chatagnier two of those guys are gone and I mentioned both IMO PNG is really missing Shea Adams like I said because he could do it all run, pass, and catch... but PNG still has Chatagnier Connor Bailey at QB and Tyson Henry and the offensive line as well who i haven't even mentioned yet PN-G is fine offensively that's my opinion