Mid-County Madness 2024

chief1987

Who wins MCM ‘24?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins MCM?

• Nederland
    • PNG

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/25/2024 at 11:00 PM

9 hours ago, Bulldogpower said:

That could be a tall order

Yeah I agree, but we've played some stout running backs and made some adjustments on D since LC, so our run D has very much improved. Not taking anything from Thomas, cause the kid flat out run. 

20 minutes ago, FrodoNDN said:

Yeah I agree, but we've played some stout running backs and made some adjustments on D since LC, so our run D has very much improved. Not taking anything from Thomas, cause the kid flat out run. 

Huntsville has a good o line and two very good RBs and we mostly shut down their run game. We’ve played good RBs against Klein Oak, La Porte, MLC (admittedly, not our finest moment), and Huntsville. We can make things very difficult for Thomas. But, if we don’t continue to improve, especially in containment, he can take advantage. He’s way faster than anyone we have on defense, he won’t usually go down with a single tackler, and he definitely won’t go down with hand tackles. We’re going to have be extremely disciplined and tough.

5 minutes ago, aki1994 said:

Thomas will get his yards. I am more concerned with Sunday running the ball on passing plays. 

Right - He was dangerous in busted plays last night. Qb runs out of the pocket have been a problem for us all season.  

I will make my one post of the year. It is hard to stay elite, and PNG has done it for 2 years. This game has all the makings of an upset. Winning streak, SC, rivalry game. Defensively, we are not at the elite level we have been. Containment has been a big issue. Nederland has surprised me, and a lot of others as well. If it comes to a shoot out, it’s anyone’s game. I do not see it a a blow out on either side, and I think it’s a toss up on who wins. Nederland showed some grit last night. Whoever shows up ready to play will win this one. If I was a betting man, I wouldn’t bet…. The 2 things PNG STRUGGLES at, is what Nederland is good at. QB scrambling and RB speed off the edge. For PNG to win, we will need to control the clock, and pound the rock. And make a few crucial stops. This will be a very interesting game. And the DC could be decided Friday night.  Going to be a very interesting game.

12 hours ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Last time you told me those particular words Png lost the very next game so I think I'm doing something right.    😁 pretty sure it was versus College Station. 

We weren't defending State Champs back then, and the game wasn't at the Rez. And that's that on the explaining. 🤣🤣 Dogs got to come and take it....we aren't anywhere near being underdogs...not even close.

Trenches 

4 minutes ago, NDNation said:

We weren't defending State Champs back then, and the game wasn't at the Rez. And that's that on the explaining. 🤣🤣 Dogs got to come and take it....we aren't anywhere near being underdogs...not even close.

Trenches

Hopefully they don't get fed by you next week, we'll know where the stomach virus came from. 😁

1 hour ago, Lamar1996 said:

PNG don’t have weapons, they have a complete team on both sides of the ball.  It all starts with the OL and DL.  Them Bulldogs haven’t seen these two walls all year.  

The Bulldogs are definitely improving and I am very proud of them. I do have to agree with…they haven’t played a complete team like PNG all year. That being said, as we all know, records and previous games are out the window when it comes to MCM. Gonna be a GREAT game! Best of luck to BOTH teams for an injury free game. 

1 hour ago, Stattrax said:

I will make my one post of the year. It is hard to stay elite, and PNG has done it for 2 years. This game has all the makings of an upset. Winning streak, SC, rivalry game. Defensively, we are not at the elite level we have been. Containment has been a big issue. Nederland has surprised me, and a lot of others as well. If it comes to a shoot out, it’s anyone’s game. I do not see it a a blow out on either side, and I think it’s a toss up on who wins. Nederland showed some grit last night. Whoever shows up ready to play will win this one. If I was a betting man, I wouldn’t bet…. The 2 things PNG STRUGGLES at, is what Nederland is good at. QB scrambling and RB speed off the edge. For PNG to win, we will need to control the clock, and pound the rock. And make a few crucial stops. This will be a very interesting game. And the DC could be decided Friday night.  Going to be a very interesting game.

I pretty much agree with almost all of that analysis. This is going to be one of those classic MCM games, close down to the last possession.

3 minutes ago, bulldawg64 said:

It does not matter what the records r in this game I seen it goes both ways when they play. I believe it's the best rivalry game  in the state .let's both come out free of injuries, and I do support our png brothers only for 1 game a year I will pull against them.

Same here

16 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

So they had no issue containing Lake Creeks RB? Or was my eyes playing tricks on me every time he ran the ball? Cause I could've swore he racked up the yards and touchdowns.....

You are correct about that game.  However after that game our DC made a lot of defense personnel changes.  The Huntsville game is where we started playing better all around defense.  The coaches found issues and took care of them, hence the reason we are a complete team.  Coaches included….

27 minutes ago, Bulldogpower said:

So they had no issue containing Lake Creeks RB? Or was my eyes playing tricks on me every time he ran the ball? Cause I could've swore he racked up the yards and touchdowns.....

Please keep assuming we haven’t improved since then, or that Sunday is as good (or as fast) as Marcos. 

• Bigdog changed the title to Mid-County Madness 2024