Over/underperforming ball clubs

Vini vidi

12 minutes ago, spidersal said:

BC is much improved and Smalley is one of the top coaches in the area

Lumberton is young and back to the friendly Raider days and by the way has the coach that left after the talent was gone have a win at Palestine. NO

The previous AD at Palestine made $136,588.  Maybe it was better to lose where he'd at least get paid.  I don't know what Lumberton pays their AD.. but they aren't burning the world down in football either. 

On 10/22/2024 at 9:01 AM, oldschool2 said:

Do they have the same head coach that all of their fans wanted fired a year ago?  Or did I miss something?

They are considered overachievers because of the turnaround from last year. Truth is, with a different head coach, this team is talented enough to be making a title run this year. Instead, I'd assume a second-round loss is in the cards. 

Do they have the same head coach that all of their fans wanted fired a year ago?  Or did I miss something?

They are considered overachievers because of the turnaround from last year. Truth is, with a different head coach, this team is talented enough to be making a title run this year. Instead, I'd assume a second-round loss is in the cards. 

1 hour ago, 2wedge said:

We got it the first time.

5 hours ago, 2wedge said:

First round. And I'd wager that heavily. 

11 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

Yeah, almost exactly the same. Prior to this year, Lumberton had 5 winning seasons out of 6. The last 2 were 5-0 which I think means they even beat everyone in the district (including L-CM) if my math is right. So yeah, just like L-CM. 

You're trying to infer that Lumberton is just as good or as bad as lcm... and that's just not the case. Lol Lumberton has been competing not to be last for the past 20+ years almost every season give or take a few seasons...

On 10/20/2024 at 10:57 PM, AggiesAreWe said:

I think most folks expected HF to be very good this year, So can't say they are over performing.

Ranked very high in preseason polls and picked by all the experts to win district.

They were my preseason pick to win district. Now I have WO-S winning district.

Curious to see what WOS does against Silsbee this week.  I'm not one who's generally guilty of the "common opponents" game, but HF absolutely dominated Silsbee and Jasper, with those games being complete blowouts until the second string gave up points in each game. WOS was very lucky to escape from jasper with a 39-36 win.  HF was up 42-0 after three quarters on jasper one week later, and I don't know that Jasper had more than a couple of 1st downs up to that point.  WOS needs to comfortably beat Silsbee this week or HF should be a big favorite going into that final game.  

47 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

You're trying to infer that Lumberton is just as good or as bad as lcm... and that's just not the case. Lol Lumberton has been competing not to be last for the past 20+ years almost every season give or take a few seasons...

I prescribe to the Janet Jackson rule. It’s called “What have you done for me lately?“

And for the last few years while your Bears have been doing so well, the L-Train been right there.