Week-9 Lufkin at Port Arthur Memorial Predictions

Mr. Buddy Garrity

Who wins?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 10/25/2024 at 11:30 PM

i think lufkin wins this. it can be a blowout or close game. i did see some improvement from QB1, but it was westbrook and he still managed to kill drives with deep sacks. if lufkin defense is what everyone is saying, then i expect  this to be very similar to the ball high game. due to PAM beating BH, they will probably be the 3rd place  team instead of grabbing 4th as i predicted.

oh and i'm a man of my word. i give props when people make good decisions or give effort and that goes to Morgan. He put some defensive players on the offense and brock king was being a beast, again westbrook, but just another weapon. 

40 minutes ago, pakronos said:

i think lufkin wins this. it can be a blowout or close game. i did see some improvement from QB1, but it was westbrook and he still managed to kill drives with deep sacks. if lufkin defense is what everyone is saying, then i expect  this to be very similar to the ball high game. due to PAM beating BH, they will probably be the 3rd place  team instead of grabbing 4th as i predicted.

oh and i'm a man of my word. i give props when people make good decisions or give effort and that goes to Morgan. He put some defensive players on the offense and brock king was being a beast, again westbrook, but just another weapon. 

You're learning. Watch going forward. 😎🫡

59 minutes ago, pakronos said:

jump out??? that would be a first in the past two years. not sure what Lufkin injury report is, but i expect a slow first qtr. If lufkin has any speed at WR  and qb  that can get it out there...just call the secondary toast.

Long bus ride down to PA… that’s why I say PA will jump out quick…

3 hours ago, navydawg31 said:

Long bus ride down to PA… that’s why I say PA will jump out quick…

Everyone has this misconception that travel bothers Lufkin, it doesn't. It's just what we have done for decades, it's built into our DNA. We are a long way from anyone we play, except Nacogdoches (20 miles) every other year.  We have already been this year to Tyler (85 miles), Texarkana (170 miles) and Beaumont (125 miles), didn't make a difference. 

Think this is going to be a close game. Don't make game predictions, I always let the players work that out on their side of it. PAM is a +1 point favorite by DCTF.  All you need is one more point that the other guy and have never minded a win like that.

14 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Everyone has this misconception that travel bothers Lufkin, it doesn't. It's just what we have done for decades, it's built into our DNA. We are a long way from anyone we play, except Nacogdoches (20 miles) every other year.  We have already been this year to Tyler (85 miles), Texarkana (170 miles) and Beaumont (125 miles), didn't make a difference. 

Think this is going to be a close game. Don't make game predictions, I always let the players work that out on their side of it. PAM is a +1 point favorite by DCTF.  All you need is one more point that the other guy and have never minded a win like that.

What guy? Stepp? @Matthew328

18 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

What guy? Stepp? @Matthew328

DCTF does an early point spread on the team schedule. Stepp will have his point spread later in the week and then a DCTF/ Pigskin Prep computer pick too. It's confusing.  I think this will be a tough game for Lufkin., PAM is by far the best team they have played to this point since their Longview game.

5 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

DCTF does an early point spread on the team schedule. Stepp will have his point spread later in the week and then a DCTF/ Pigskin Prep computer pick too. It's confusing.  I think this will be a tough game for Lufkin., PAM is by far the best team they have played to this point since their Longview game.

I watched the Longview game. Yall better than LV just my opinion. 🤷🏾‍♂️

3 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Ehh not so much this year.. the farthest trip this was Beaumont West Brook.. started off sluggish against them and they aren’t very good. Lot bigger test with PAM. 

Lufkin is in a difficult situation every realignment. Tough location. 

18 minutes ago, navydawg31 said:

Ehh not so much this year.. the farthest trip this was Beaumont West Brook.. started off sluggish against them and they aren’t very good. Lot bigger test with PAM. 

Doubt it’s the trip that was the reason. Kids are used to it by now. They’ve been doing it since little league and middle school. Texarkana was just as bad for them this year..

The sluggish starts on offense are kinda expected. We’re playing without our starting QB and probably best receiver. Then we have an OC that can be very conservative at times. Honestly don’t think it’s the travel. 

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Doubt it’s the trip that was the reason. Kids are used to it by now. They’ve been doing it since little league and middle school. Texarkana was just as bad for them this year..

The sluggish starts on offense are kinda expected. We’re playing without our starting QB and probably best receiver. Then we have an OC that can be very conservative at times. Honestly don’t think it’s the travel. 

Hmmm sounds like us with the slow starts. And OC, I'll just leave it alone, following forum rules. 😎

12 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I gotcha didn’t realize that second paragraph makes sense….

On 10/21/2024 at 4:01 PM, pakronos said:

jump out??? that would be a first in the past two years. not sure what Lufkin injury report is, but i expect a slow first qtr. If lufkin has any speed at WR  and qb  that can get it out there...just call the secondary toast.

Lufkin has plenty of speed and a more than capable QB who was a starting WR before we lost our QB for the season essentially in the scrimmage against Huntsville. We're gonna try to run the ball but if PAM loads the box and the numbers say pass we will definitely take some shots. You're gonna see a ton of motion from the WRs and Backs with a little option mixed in. We have a pretty good RPO  post that we don't run nearly enough. Might not even see it Friday but something to watch for. If we hit that play it's probably gonna go for 6. I really think we're saving it for the postseason because we hardly ever show it. I think the PAM defense will present a big problem and it's not gonna be easy. Lufkin will need to execute and play defense to win this one. I'm confident we can win this one but PAM is definitely game enough to take it. I personally think this is our toughest district game stylistically. 

1 minute ago, navydawg31 said:

I gotcha didn’t realize that second paragraph makes sense….

Usually i jump on our OC for being too conservative on drives, but with the teams that we have played against so far, i think the defense and running game has been good enough to win it. So…it is what it is. Not sure about PAM and Ball.