Bridge City vs LCM Predictions

Who ya got?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• LCM
    • BC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/26/2024 at 12:03 AM

6 hours ago, Billyjohn said:

So if HF is the legit team then what does that make lcm by only losing to them by only 6 points?

Well, if LCM only lost by six and bc lost to LCM by 3, you’re saying HF couldn’t put more than 10 on BC? 

OR, since since LCM barely lost to HF, but Silsbee got strummed by HF, LCM would beat Silsbee, too?

I’m just saying… Silsbee usually has a game changer or two suited up… this year they don’t. I stand on what I said.  Silsbee was NOT the better team during their scrimmage vs BC, and I think BC would beat Silsbee if they played this year. 

With the exception of HF, the district is weaker than normal this year.  WOS is improved, but they won’t be practicing on Thanksgiving weekend. Don’t let that 35-0 score fool you… Silsbee quit.  

2 hours ago, CardinalBacker said:

Well, if LCM only lost by six and bc lost to LCM by 3, you’re saying HF couldn’t put more than 10 on BC? 

OR, since since LCM barely lost to HF, but Silsbee got strummed by HF, LCM would beat Silsbee, too?

I’m just saying… Silsbee usually has a game changer or two suited up… this year they don’t. I stand on what I said.  Silsbee was NOT the better team during their scrimmage vs BC, and I think BC would beat Silsbee if they played this year. 

With the exception of HF, the district is weaker than normal this year.  WOS is improved, but they won’t be practicing on Thanksgiving weekend. Don’t let that 35-0 score fool you… Silsbee quit.  

You’re right. We lack talent and are young team. We wouldn't beat Bridge City 33-7 like last year or 70-0 like the year before. We would win by a touch down or two🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Tiger33 said:

You’re right. We lack talent and are young team. We wouldn't beat Bridge City 33-7 like last year or 70-0 like the year before. We would win by a touch down or two🤷🏻‍♂️

…. And I think y’all would get your feelings hurt-that’s ok, the game won’t happen. 

Serious question, though. Why can’t y’all win a state championship? Decades of elite athletes and no hardware. BC>Silsbee until you win at least two. 

11 hours ago, Tiger33 said:

No we need common sense. Bridge Chitty cant take L and move on

I think what some are failing to remember is that you're talking about a bunch of kids that are finally experiencing some success. Regardless of whether it's an easy district or actual skill, these are KIDS that are playing their hearts out week after week.

You're calling BC "Chitty"...which we all know you're avoiding getting your hand slapped by changing the "Sh" to a "Ch" and we know what you really want to say here. So you're insulting an entire town who is excited about football for the first time in a long time.

If BC loses, well they're just a baseball school. If BC wins, well the chose an easy district. Why not just be excited for a group of KIDS and their coaches who have strung together YEARS of losing records and are now experiencing something special? If you think these kids don't read this and see a bunch of grown adults telling them they're "chitty" and discount every single win simply because y'all don't think this district is worthy of even playing, you're sorely mistaken. 

I have no dog in this fight, no kid that plays...not even a nephew or neighbor...just a fan who thinks it's time to move on from this and hope the team keeps fighting for Ws every Friday night! 

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

…. And I think y’all would get your feelings hurt-that’s ok, the game won’t happen. 

Serious question, though. Why can’t y’all win a state championship? Decades of elite athletes and no hardware. BC>Silsbee until you win at least two. 

Clearly this poster has spent too much time at the BC Beach 🤣... Keep living in the 60s or whenever it was that BC was relevant in football (and do not say this year with BC cupcake schedule)? 

29 minutes ago, CardinalBacker said:

Yall had Worster. You give silsbee him 1960’s they would have won one too. Without Worster in high-school do you honestly think they would have won? The truth is that Silsbee couldnt get over Cuero, Carthage and Wimberly. All three schools won state championships. You can only go so far with the talent you have. Ask Wos about  Gilmer and Carthage those teams are built different. 

I have been high  on BC this year and I have overstated my opinion on the game. It is what it is. It is a great example of "life ain't fair". It's Monday and it is time to move on and move forward. There is no point in bickering about it anymore, and there is absolutely no point in comparing past to present. 1960s football and 2020s football are just not comparable, because the game has evolved so much. You can get away with running 1960s styles of offense today in smaller schools and have success, but as you go up through the classifications, it is harder and harder. Not saying it is impossible, but the majority will not be successful. It just isn't comparable. Let's all just move on and get on with our lives. 

1 hour ago, americasteam22 said:

I agree guitar man it time to move on. Just want to make sure we understand, 
LCM in 2024 is a better football team than BC. 
Good luck rest of season. 

If you consider this as LC-M being a better football team than BC, then fine, so be it.  I'll be sure to add you to the incompetent "I have no football knowledge list" and call it square. 

22 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

If you consider this as LC-M being a better football team than BC, then fine, so be it.  I'll be sure to add you to the incompetent "I have no football knowledge list" and call it square. 

Goodlawd man dry up the tears.  Move on.  BC had a good season.  #cryingmakesyoulookevenmoreincompetent

27 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

What is criteria for being a better team? I think #1 is who wins when you play. LC-M won so seems to me they are better.

1 hour ago, americasteam22 said:

LCM in 2024 is a better football team than BC. 

While neither are very good, L-CM did beat BC ( a smaller school who chose to run the "opt-around" to score easier games than what they had in 4A-D2) by a whopping 3 points- like WOW. Honestly, idk that L-CM fans have much to brag about their team fluttering past the Cards by a measly field goal.

Just like idk why BC fans seem to think that the admins' decision to have their team running from its original competition is cause for celebration either. 

The one constant that doesn't change is the kids that play. None of this sloppy mess is their doing. Congrats to all the young athletes that chose to play this awesome game of football. Hopefully, y'all can survive this mess and all the criticism you young men don't deserve.

No one is criticizing kids, just stating the fact that in 2024 LCM football is better than BC football. Like I stated before BC is having a great year. They have a great coach. Just could not beat Lcm. Also responding to guitar man who keeps blaming refs for loss instead of just accepting the better team win that night. Next year might be a different story. 

33 minutes ago, SmashMouth said:

That’s true using one game as a measuring stick. They’re both really about the same though. That’s all I’m saying.

I am 100% convinced if your HS football team beat another team. Then the team who won is the better team that year. So by your logic if you beat someone your the same. I don’t know how you figure out who goes to playoffs, or advances in playoffs. Well LCM won but they’re really the same so no one advances. Next year if BC wins their the better team that year. And I could accept that. That’s what makes all this fun. The game the other night win or lose was exciting. 
Good luck to your team rest of year. 

37 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

just better than BC that night. 

Well, to be clear, I never said you personally criticized any kids. Secondly, you didn’t say L-CM was better than BC “that night”. You said “LCM in 2024 is a better football team than BC.” Not necessarily true. Better that night, yes. And before you feel the need to troll Lumberton, yes L-CM and BridgeCity are both both better than Lumberton.