Lufkin (30) @ Port Arthur Memorial (23) - FINAL

jdawg03

31 minutes ago, pakronos said:

I was there tonight and imo, LP and PAM. Is the same team 

I've been quiet the attire season. I haven't seen any improvement from the o-line,  the qb seems to mishandles multiple snaps every game which results in a fumble or horrible field position. The defense starts to wear down in the 2nd half and forget how to tackle but I can't blame them the offense refuses to have multiple quilty drives to keep them off the field. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

Yep. And they not even fully healthy. 

My son might have fractured his arm tonight #15. Gonna find out in the morning once the swelling goes down and get it checked out. He couldn't play at all in the 2nd half. He said he was gonna give it a go but his adrenaline wore off. So he had a sling on. Hopefully this isn't his last game. He had a big hit late 1st quarter on the sideline. Fired Big Nasty up. 

Missing several starters tonight going in and lost 2 on defense during the game. Total of 5 starters on defense were out. 3 of them will be back for sure. 

Good hard fought and physical game by both teams. We need to find a way to hire that officiating crew up to Lufkin for a better homefield advantage.  I think they called back 2 or 3 Pack TDs.  Lot's of penalties, on both sides to go around.  Lufkin needs to get healthy, especially on offense, missing  your #1 WR changes up your approach, missing two really narrows it down. #2 Taylor really has been making plays all year, he had to carry the load last night. Plus the Panther OC was down in the Bahamas at his son's wedding.  The Lufkin WR coach Gunnar Quick, HC Todd Quick's son called the plays last night.  

That 4th quarter ended up being an exchange of TOs .  The kid that had two INTs in the 4th was  sophomore backup DB Sam Smith. Our QB Coutee is a very good WR having to play QB because #1 QB has been injured most of the year.  Lost our #1 starting LB against Nacogdoches. We need to get healthy,  but that is one good football team to win like that with so many pieces down or out of place to play and beat good team like PAM.  That game could have gone either way, PAM had what they wanted early for sure. It was close, the score indicates that, a play here or there and we could be talking about a PAM win.  That's football, a game of inches sometimes.

9 hours ago, Austin1985 said:

3 turnovers and many missed tackles.  Busted KO return coverage......

Otherwise,  took a state ranked team to the 4th quarter.....

Well,  PAM came into this week ranked  #17 and  Lufkin #14,  In fact it was PAM who was pre season #10 in the polls, while Lufkin was #15.  Lufkin had missed tackles and had TOs too.  No busted kick coverage, that was about the 5th or 6th KO/punt return for TD by Lufkin's #2 this year.  Both sides made mistakes and had penalties.  I think that was a darn good win on the road with 8 or 9 starters out and our OC down in the Bahamas at his son's wedding.  PAM had their opportunities roll with a win at HOME, you had everything in your favor. 

17 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Well,  PAM came into this week ranked  #17 and  Lufkin #14,  In fact it was PAM who was pre season #10 in the polls, while Lufkin was #15.  Lufkin had missed tackles and had TOs too.  No busted kick coverage, that was about the 5th or 6th KO/punt return for TD by Lufkin's #2 this year.  Both sides made mistakes and had penalties.  I think that was a darn good win on the road with 8 or 9 starters out and our OC down in the Bahamas at his son's wedding.  PAM had their opportunities roll with a win at HOME, you had everything in your favor. 

Problem with the KO return is coaching. Our kicker is WELL capable of putting it out the end zone. Not sure why they kept pooching it. The kick coverage isn’t fast enough to make them call a fair catch. These are the reasons PAM will never make it past the first td as long as that regime is there. 

30 minutes ago, pakronos said:

Problem with the KO return is coaching. Our kicker is WELL capable of putting it out the end zone. Not sure why they kept pooching it. The kick coverage isn’t fast enough to make them call a fair catch. These are the reasons PAM will never make it past the first td as long as that regime is there. 

See......

This 'regime' made to the 3rd round 2 years ago........

Imma say it again, no Lincoln coaches are not coming to save you

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

Final Team stats for the game

Lufkin                          Memorial

rushing             27/126 yards                 32/162 yards

passing           8-18, 157 yards             12-17, 145 yards

total                 45 plays/277 yards         49 plays/307 yards

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Final Team stats for the game

Lufkin                          Memorial

rushing             27/126 yards                 32/162 yards

passing           8-18, 157 yards             12-17, 145 yards

total                 45 plays/277 yards         49 plays/307 yards

Turnovers and special teams........

5 minutes ago, Austin1985 said:

Turnovers and special teams........

Yep.

PAM had 3 turnovers (2 INT, 1 fumble, all three on consecutive drives in 4th Q when score was tied), a blocked FG and extra point, gave up an 80 yard KO return for TD.

Lufkin lived on the PAM side of the 50 all 4th quarter. Last three offensive possessions for Lufkin started at the PAM 28, 26 and 39 yard lines.

24 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Yep.

PAM had 3 turnovers (2 INT, 1 fumble, all three on consecutive drives in 4th Q when score was tied), a blocked FG and extra point, gave up an 80 yard KO return for TD.

Lufkin lived on the PAM side of the 50 all 4th quarter. Last three offensive possessions for Lufkin started at the PAM 28, 26 and 39 yard lines.

That was a wild 4th quarter. 

Good officiated game though. 

2 hours ago, pine curtain said:

I bet the whole district wish they wouldn't have let Lufkin into their district now......

Why? I think it’s a good thing. Better than having a bunch of scrub teams. I think it get playoff teams district ready for playoffs.

7 minutes ago, Big Daddy Cool said:

Yeah like either of them would help you guys! Y'all got way more bad blood with both of them than Y'all do North Shore. 

You don't think LP can beat Ball High week-11?? 

It would behoove WB to win next week to keep its playoff hopes alive. 🤷🏾‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Mr. Buddy Garrity said:

You don't think LP can beat Ball High week-11?? 

It would behoove WB to win next week to keep its playoff hopes alive. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Is WB better than previously thought? They might have an outside chance. Next week WB gets Ball at Doggett, and trust me Ball is pretty banged up after last night.