Bridge City (18) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

1 minute ago, PhatMack19 said:

I was at MCM.  Just saw the video of the kids head near getting ripped off for 5 yards 

Well mostly those calls went or missed you can say both ways. 1 was bogus on bc qb face mask on a stiff arm. But another bogus hold well behind the play too on lcm... I can go on but it was even mostly.

Peevey should run for the president of the SETX chapter of TASO after this game. They allow him to get away with anything and everything. They even let him barge in the ref huddle (on the 3 yard line close to the hash) and let him make the TD call on a punt return with a hellacious face mask dragging the BC player across the field. All the posting on here week after week about LCM being plagued by penalties especially holding penalties, this crew called a few holding calls when there were at least 20. 

1 minute ago, Guitar Man said:

Peevey should run for the president of the SETX chapter of TASO after this game. They allow him to get away with anything and everything. They even let him barge in the ref huddle (on the 3 yard line close to the hash) and let him make the TD call on a punt return with a hellacious face mask. All the posting on here week after week about LCM being plagued by penalties especially holding penalties, this crew called a few holding calls when there were at least 20. 

The same thing Hooks did back in the day. Yelling at the refs and would be midfield. 

Say it louder for the people in the back!!  This was the WORST one sided officiated game.  The only reason BC lost was because of the refs.  

8 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Peevey should run for the president of the SETX chapter of TASO after this game. They allow him to get away with anything and everything. They even let him barge in the ref huddle (on the 3 yard line close to the hash) and let him make the TD call on a punt return with a hellacious face mask dragging the BC player across the field. All the posting on here week after week about LCM being plagued by penalties especially holding penalties, this crew called a few holding calls when there were at least 20. 

7 minutes ago, americasteam22 said:

LCM is just the better team. I was at game and saw penalties on both sides of ball. And saw BC coach on LCM sideline almost.  Some penalties were  called and some missed. Just like any HS game played in SETX. 
Great Job Bears. 

LCM wasn’t the better team. Smalley only did that in response to Peevey BEING IN THE REFEREE HUDDLE. Smalley got told to get back across the field while Peevey continued to chirp. I don’t think you know or understand  the way the game of football should be played or the rules of the game. If so, you would realize this ref crew was a homer crew that allowed him to do whatever he wanted by awarding him a touchdown on a blown face mask call. I’m telling you, if he tried that with a neutral crew, he gets a penalty called on him. 

4 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

LCM wasn’t the better team. Smalley only did that in response to Peevey BEING IN THE REFEREE HUDDLE. Smalley got told to get back across the field while Peevey continued to chirp. I don’t think you know or understand  the way the game of football should be played or the rules of the game. If so, you would realize this ref crew was a homer crew that allowed him to do whatever he wanted by awarding him a touchdown on a blown face mask call. I’m telling you, if he tried that with a neutral crew, he gets a penalty called on him. 

You should sign up to be a ref and help put an end to this one-sided homer favoritism. 

. I’m sorry LCM is the better football team. If you watched football you would know calls go your way sometimes and sometimes they don’t!! Don’t blame the refs, maybe cheer for the better team, and that’s guess who,  this year, LCM. Good luck though rest of year blaming the refs. I would just enjoy having a great year which BC is. Just not better than LCM!! That’s ok though 

11 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Coaches agree before season on officials…and how is it not a neutral crew when the towns are 10 miles apart? LCM boys come off river bottom to officiate?

LCM fans saying they are the better team when they won the game by three points and seven of those points were gifted to them by the refs. It’s not legal to drag a guy by the face mask across the field. It is what it is though. Nothing will change with the Setx chapter of officials and nothing will change with Peevey’s influence on it. 

Guitar man, I know you watched the game. Did you not stay till the end? LCM won the game which makes them the better team this year. 
BC has done great this year, I’m sorry you can’t enjoy it. Good luck rest of season. No one is saying the refs were perfect for either team tonight. I just want to help you understand LCM is the better team. 

I retired from coaching 7 years ago and went to this game just to watch a game that would be part of deciding the district champ. The SETX chapter officiating has gone from bad to worse. I’m not talking about holds, holding is kind of like strikes in baseball. Tonight I saw multiple missed calls that went against both teams that put players in danger. Face mask being jerked, horse collar on the LCM sideline, late hits both ways that weren’t called. If this is the best the local chapter can do I would urge the coaches to look at other chapters for the sake of the players. Both teams played hard and it was a great atmosphere, but the officials were bad for both teams. 

13 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

LCM fans saying they are the better team when they won the game by three points and seven of those points were gifted to them by the refs. It’s not legal to drag a guy by the face mask across the field. It is what it is though. Nothing will change with the Setx chapter of officials and nothing will change with Peevey’s influence on it. 

Someone needs to ask Smalley why he agreed on these abysmal officials. 

32 minutes ago, Squigleman said:

I retired from coaching 7 years ago and went to this game just to watch a game that would be part of deciding the district champ. The SETX chapter officiating has gone from bad to worse. I’m not talking about holds, holding is kind of like strikes in baseball. Tonight I saw multiple missed calls that went against both teams that put players in danger. Face mask being jerked, horse collar on the LCM sideline, late hits both ways that weren’t called. If this is the best the local chapter can do I would urge the coaches to look at other chapters for the sake of the players. Both teams played hard and it was a great atmosphere, but the officials were bad for both teams. 

Then join the setx football chapter and make a difference 🙄

4 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

I guess you missed the blatant holding call missed when #6 got loose and scored too.... the refs called it both ways.

5 hours ago, sportsfreak2008 said:

Say it louder for the people in the back!!  This was the WORST one sided officiated game.  The only reason BC lost was because of the refs.  

5 hours ago, sportsfreak2008 said:

Yeah your view was certainly obstructed. I guess it was the refs fault bc qb was harassed all night and I believe had more incomplete passes than completions too. BCs lack of solid challenges all year showed tonight. You should happy they make the playoffs even in our puppy district. Because in your own this isn't even a conversation.

I'll give you the punt touched TD back. (Day 1 of peewee says stay away from ball inside the 10 anyway) but your giving us the #6 td back on the missed hold... that was right in front of me........ game is still 14-11 lcm. I'll look at the stats Monday but if lcm had more completed passes than pass first bc did (which i think may have happened). You're not going to win.  Both teams played with class and seen a few lcm kids consoling an upset #9 after last play.