Bridge City (18) @ Little Cypress-Mauriceville (21) - FINAL

jdawg03

10 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Peevey should run for the president of the SETX chapter of TASO after this game. They allow him to get away with anything and everything. They even let him barge in the ref huddle (on the 3 yard line close to the hash) and let him make the TD call on a punt return with a hellacious face mask dragging the BC player across the field. All the posting on here week after week about LCM being plagued by penalties especially holding penalties, this crew called a few holding calls when there were at least 20. 

Want some cheese with that whine?

1 hour ago, Right99JOH said:

Good season BC… 3rd place in district and you made the playoffs (1st rd loss). 

Not settled yet. BC could be 2 seed and with a bit of luck, 1 seed if they can beat Huffman. Not saying they will, but there is a chance. Peevey wont be able to serenade the side judge the entire game next week @ Huffman so I expect twice as many penalties on LCM. 

15 minutes ago, Guitar Man said:

Not settled yet. BC could be 2 seed and with a bit of luck, 1 seed if they can beat Huffman. Not saying they will, but there is a chance. Peevey wont be able to serenade the side judge the entire game next week @ Huffman so I expect twice as many penalties on LCM. 

Refs can't complete a pass for you sorry about your luck.

23 minutes ago, setxathlete14 said:

Refs can't complete a pass for you sorry about your luck.

What are you talking about? He was in the side judge’s ear all night. The obvious favoritism came on the LCM punt. Let’s run it back. BCs defense stuffed LCM and forced that punt. During the punt, the BC player gets face mask drug into the path of the ball. The ball hits him and goes into the end zone. LCM player picks ball up in the end zone. Should’ve been called a face mask against LCM. Peevey then runs onto the field to the 3 yard line barging into the ref huddle and starts barking (should’ve been at least a sideline warning) Refs then call TD bears.  That’s a 7 point gift on SPECIAL TEAMS on a blown blatant-as-blatant can get face mask call and not to mention Peevey not getting a sideline warning is insane. You can argue smalley coming across but that was only because Peevey was in physical contact with the ref huddle. Give them both sideline warnings. I don’t care but this game was decided by the refs not LCMs football team. 

While I have my thoughts on the officiating, but that is what it is,  LCM came out on top but not enough to prove themselves as “the better team.”  I’ve always believed LCM could be a powerhouse next to WOS and still do.  The improvements BC has made this season proves that hard work, discipline and the right coaching can make a difference.  Yes a win is a win no matter how small a margin but the margin speaks volumes.  

1 minute ago, Guitar Man said:

What are you talking about? He was in the side judge’s ear all night. The obvious favoritism came on the LCM punt. Let’s run it back. BCs defense stuffed LCM and forced that punt. During the punt, the BC player gets face mask drug into the path of the ball. The ball hits him and goes into the end zone. LCM player picks ball up in the end zone. Should’ve been called a face mask against LCM. Peevey then runs onto the field to the 3 yard line barging into the ref huddle and starts barking (should’ve been at least a sideline warning) Refs then call TD bears.  That’s a 7 point gift on SPECIAL TEAMS on a blown blatant-as-blatant can get face mask call and not to mention Peevey not getting a sideline warning is insane. You can argue smalley coming across but that was only because Peevey was in physical contact with the ref huddle. Give them both sideline warnings. I don’t care but this game was decided by the refs not LCMs football team. 

If this game was decided by only gifted 7 points they should've scored more. Quit whining about the refs.

13 hours ago, americasteam22 said:

LCM is just the better team. I was at game and saw penalties on both sides of ball. And saw BC coach on LCM sideline almost.  Some penalties were  called and some missed. Just like any HS game played in SETX. 
Great Job Bears. 

It was at that point Smalley was coming over to get Peevey's jock strap!! lol GO BEARS! Calls missed on both sides of the ball regardless how some see it. Maybe the professional bleacher refs should put on the uniform and give it a try because obviously BC is home to the best social media refs in SETX! GO BEARS!

3 hours ago, Guitar Man said:

Give it up… LCM better (BC lost)… HH better.  BC had a good season