Puerto Rico 'garbage'

Bobcat1

This didn't go over well...I've watched Hinchcliffe do some Comedy Roasts, he wasn't all that funny then and looks like he still isn't. 

WASHINGTON, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Political leaders from both sides of the aisle and Puerto Rican celebrities bashed comments at a major 

This is the hidden content, please
 event in New York by a comedian who called Puerto Rico a "floating island of garbage."

Speaking before the Republican presidential candidate at a 
This is the hidden content, please
 on Sunday night, comedian and podcast host Tony Hinchcliffe added that Latinos "love making babies" and that they do not "pull out," comments that leaned into a racist trope that Latinos are preoccupied with childbearing and averse to birth control. "There's literally a floating island of garbage in the middle of the ocean right now," Hinchcliffe said. "I think it's called Puerto Rico."

Not very smart to have a loose cannon like him speak at an event like this.  It would be like having Chappelle speak and hoping he doesn't say something crazy.

The Trump campaign has come out and condemned the remarks, not gonna hurt him at all.

Maybe not have wild comics speak at a rally again, lol.

1 hour ago, LumRaiderFan said:

Not very smart to have a loose cannon like him speak at an event like this.  It would be like having Chappelle speak and hoping he doesn't say something crazy.

The Trump campaign has come out and condemned the remarks, not gonna hurt him at all.

Maybe not have wild comics speak at a rally again, lol.

You might want to check with the 250,00 or so Puerto Rican voters in Pennsylvania before you claim it won’t hurt him.

His campaign knew Hinchcliff’s MAGA shtick and obviously made no attempt to warn him off strong remarks. That wasn’t his only disgusting racist joke. The apology is not going to get any traction. Maybe if Trump apologized but we all know that he is incapable of expressing contrition. I mean, I heard him with my own ears that concerning religion and forgiveness, he could think of nothing he would have to ask God to forgive form for.  I witnessed that. If you’re cool with that, try that testimony next time you go to church.

13 minutes ago, UT alum said:

You might want to check with the 250,00 or so Puerto Rican voters in Pennsylvania before you claim it won’t hurt him.

His campaign knew Hinchcliff’s MAGA shtick and obviously made no attempt to warn him off strong remarks. That wasn’t his only disgusting racist joke. The apology is not going to get any traction. Maybe if Trump apologized but we all know that he is incapable of expressing contrition. I mean, I heard him with my own ears that concerning religion and forgiveness, he could think of nothing he would have to ask God to forgive form for.  I witnessed that. If you’re cool with that, try that testimony next time you go to church.

Never said I was cool with it.  I said it won't hurt him.  It was a joke, and most folks realize that, at least the ones not looking for a reason to get their feelings hurt.

The alternative is to vote for a woman that is incapable of running this country, a joke won't make folks run to that option.

He's the much better option of the two, it's true whether you're cool with it or not.

41 minutes ago, UT alum said:

I hear more Democrats being offended that Puerto Ricans.......

Most people understand jokes......some don't .......Richard Pryor made fun of white people,,,,,he made millions off us - never offended.

But let the media talk about this instead of Harris......takes up 2 of the 8 days to vote 

18 minutes ago, thetragichippy said:

I hear more Democrats being offended that Puerto Ricans.......

Most people understand jokes......some don't .......Richard Pryor made fun of white people,,,,,he made millions off us - never offended.

But let the media talk about this instead of Harris......takes up 2 of the 8 days to vote 

Pryor never ran for public office, much less the presidency. I think understand and appreciate jokes. The question is, “Where would that joke be appropriate in your opinion”A PTA meeting? Told by the mayor at a city council meeting? Church?

20 minutes ago, AggiesAreWe said:

Just wasn't the place to say things of that nature. Dude is an idiot for saying those things at that rally.

Same as Harris calling Trump Hitler. Wrong for doing that as well.

I don’t think she’s called him Hitler, but there are real comparisons that cannot be ignored. Nazis:  “Germany is for Germans only”. MAGA: “America is for Americans only”. Hitler: “They’re poisoning our blood”.  Trump: “They’re poisoning our blood”. Trump:  “I wish I had generals like Hitler’s”. That’s hard to ignore. You ever read Mein Kampf? He kept a copy by his bed.

On a lighter note: I CAN’T WAIT for November 30, Aggie! That’s gonna be one sweet win, hopefully for the Horns.