Lamar vs. Utah Valley State Predictions?

Guest abovetherim

I know Texas Tech isn't great this year but if the same Cardinal team comes out of the dressing room that played in Lubbock, I'll take LU over UVS 80-68.

Lamar should be fired up and will win by at least 15 points, I''ll say 82-68.  I hope there's a good crowd for the game.

Coachcola - you predict a 15 pt W for LU; but, the score you predicted is a 14 pt spread (82-68).  It's all good.  Here's to a good/solid LU win.   8)

Peace.

P.S.  I know, sports message boards are not English/grammar boards, and they're not math boards.  My post is just a jab at humor.

Guest coachacola

Coachcola - you predict a 15 pt W for LU; but, the score you predicted is a 14 pt spread (82-68).  It's all good.  Here's to a good/solid LU win.  8)

Peace.

P.S.  I know, sports message boards are not English/grammar boards, and they're not math boards.  My post is just a jab at humor.

That's what I get for not going with a score of 85-70 or 80-65.  Anyway, before the season started I think you predicted Lamar's season record to be 19-11.  If they can keep improving each game then they may just reach 19 wins.

I agree!

I'll go with LU 65-60 since we are at home and the Tech game has me a little more optimistic.  Also, Dawkins played poorly against Tech and I was still very impressed with him.  He looks like he could become a very good player before the year is out...and especially by next year.

ABTR - don't hold your breath...I don't expect more than 200 students at the game if history is any indication.  Maybe 3,900 total at the game????

Coachacola...man, 19 wins???  I say we end up with 15.  Maybe next year we'll have a better start and will hit 19+ wins???

Guest coachacola

Coachacola...man, 19 wins???  I say we end up with 15.  Maybe next year we'll have a better start and will hit 19+ wins???

We're 5-7 now.  We'll go 12-5 the rest of the regular season (11-5 in conference) to put us at 17-12.  We'll win the SLC tourney and make the NCAA tourney at 20-12.  It'll be hard to do and will take some luck but it's not impossible, or even improbable.

Utah Valley State Wolverines Roster - 2007-08

Cal State BakersfieldChicago StateLongwoodN.J.I.T.North Carolina CentralPresbyterianSavannah StateTexas-Pan AmericanUtah Valley StateWinston-Salem 2007-08 Utah Valley State Wolverines - Men's Basketball

NO  NAME  POS  HT  WT  CLASS  HOMETOWN 

3 Jabir Jinna Jr. G  6-0    Junior  West Covina, CA 

5 Kevin Woods II G  6-1    Freshman  Chicago, IL 

10 Ryan Toolson G  6-4    Junior  Gilbert, AZ 

11 Josh Olsen G  6-1  182  Junior  Sandy, UT 

12 Richard Troyer F  6-5    Senior  Belize City, Belize 

20 Jordan Swarbrick G  6-6    Sophomore  El Dorado, CA 

22 Matt Komenda F  6-5    Freshman  Mesa, AZ 

23 Joe Walker C  6-8    Senior  Long Beach, CA 

30 Brian Anderson F  6-8    Freshman  Lamar, CO 

32 Jordan Brady F  6-6    Senior  Vernal, UT 

35 Paul Rinehart F  6-7    Sophomore  Whitehall, PA 

42 Rory Fannon C  6-9    Freshman  North Shore City, New Zealand 

50 Brett Ravenberg C  6-8    Junior  Katy, TX 

Guest abovetherim

Yeah, this school is a independent and they have only been playing Div. I basketball for 4 years. They were pretty successful last season. I know they won over twenty games. I'm hopeful of making it back from Houston in time for the game. It should be a pretty good match-up.

We're 5-7 now.  We'll go 12-5 the rest of the regular season (11-5 in conference) to put us at 17-12.  We'll win the SLC tourney and make the NCAA tourney at 20-12.  It'll be hard to do and will take some luck but it's not impossible, or even improbable.

I certainly hope you are right and I am wrong!  We'll see how much progress we've made since the beginning of the season tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    RVLife
    Newest Member
    RVLife

• Friday @ 7 pm 1. Lufkin 2. PA Memorial 3. Angleton  4. Friendswood 5. Port Neches Groves 6. Nederland 7. Bridge City  8. Huffman  9. Little Cypress-Mauriceville  10. Livingston  11.  Carthage 12.  Hitchcock 13. Anahuac  14.  East Chambers 15.  Orangefield 16. Fairfield  17. Teague  18. Newton 19. New Waverly  20. Woodville  21. Joaquin vs  22. Colmesneil  23. West Hardin 24.  Deweyville 25.  Leverett's Chapel
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:30:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: San Augustine - 2A-11-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Huntington- 3A-9-1 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:30:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Joaquin - 2A-11-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Corrigan-Camden- 2A-12-1 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:30:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Warren - 3A-12-2 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: New Waverly- 3A-12-2 Record: Unknown District Matchup: Yes *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
    • Game Info: Start: Friday, September 27, 2024 at 7:30:00 PM Home Team Name/Class/District/Division: Teague - 3A-9-1 Record: Unknown Visiting Team Name/Class/District/Division: Bullard- 4A-8-2 Record: Unknown District Matchup: No *Standings do not include this game.  INSTRUCTIONS TO LIVE UPDATE THIS GAME ON THE SCOREBOARD:  Type !!score: or !!: as your "command" then Visitor's Score/Home Score/Quarter Example: !!score:10/14/4 would be 10 to 14 in the 4th quarter !!:21/28/2 would be 21 to 28 in the 2nd quarter Use h or H for halftime, and f or F for final You may also use - , or | in place of / Extras: Post the time left in the quarter as minutes/seconds. Ex:7/0/1/13/25 = 7 to 0, 1st quarter, 13 minutes, 25 seconds left. 
  • Topics