*Central vs. PN-G/Central Wins 62-53/Comments*

What can I say?  This was one of the overall best Central games I've been to.  First period, Indians pretty much did what they wanted on offense.  The only thing that kept us in the game was the hot 3 point shooting from #10.  Also, Gulley went out near the end of the first period for and injury.  I didn't see it.  Second period, Indian continued to feed the ball to the big man (6'9").    Third period is where it pretty much went insane.  There was like 7 or 8 tie ups in the first few possessions of the 3rd.  We started feeding our bigs down low which converted into easy points.    On a fast break, Jefferson got the ball on a break away (keep in mind, where still down by some points) and attempted to dunk the ball.  he missed it, but a Jag player stole it back and Coach called a T.O.  He got a realy good earfull for that foolishness, which he deserves to. Fourth period, Gulley came back in (or was in in the third?) and he and #24 for the Indians got tangled up.  The Indian player shoved Gulley and when he went to retaliate, refs started eyeballing him, which set the Central bench on fire!  There also was a wierd call and, even though I'm a Jag fan, set the Indian's bench on fire.  Big man for the Indian blocked Gulley's layup and they called a foul.  Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have see that that was a clean block.  Anyways, the momentum shifted when #24 got called for double dribble.  He got mad and slammed the ball down and got called for a T.  We mad both T's and then scored the go ahead basket. After that, it was a free throw contest.  I can't blame the coaching for this one, at all.  Players didnt' come to play.

Game ball goes to #10 for Central for hitting all those three's in the first period to prevent PN-G from running away with this one. 

On another note, We'll still get clobbered by Ozen friday.  Sad, but true.

What can I say?  This was one of the overall best Central games I've been to.   First period, Indians pretty much did what they wanted on offense.  The only thing that kept us in the game was the hot 3 point shooting from #10.  Also, Gulley went out near the end of the first period for and injury.  I didn't see it.  Second period, Indian continued to feed the ball to the big man (6'9").    Third period is where it pretty much went insane.  There was like 7 or 8 tie ups in the first few possessions of the 3rd.  We started feeding our bigs down low which converted into easy points.    On a fast break, Jefferson got the ball on a break away (keep in mind, where still down by some points) and attempted to dunk the ball.  he missed it, but a Jag player stole it back and Coach called a T.O.  He got a realy good earfull for that foolishness, which he deserves to. Fourth period, Gulley came back in (or was in in the third?) and he and #24 for the Indians got tangled up.  The Indian player shoved Gulley and when he went to retaliate, refs started eyeballing him, which set the Central bench on fire!  There also was a wierd call and, even though I'm a Jag fan, set the Indian's bench on fire.  Big man for the Indian blocked Gulley's layup and they called a foul.  Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have see that that was a clean block.  Anyways, the momentum shifted when #24 got called for double dribble.  He got mad and slammed the ball down and got called for a T.  We mad both T's and then scored the go ahead basket. After that, it was a free throw contest.  I can't blame the coaching for this one, at all.  Players didnt' come to play.

Game ball goes to #10 for Central for hitting all those three's in the first period to prevent PN-G from running away with this one. 

On another note, We'll still get clobbered by Ozen friday.  Sad, but true.

It's refreshing to see some substance in a game wrap up.

Thanks Soulja

Intimidation.  I just hope they don't get too caught up.  Or this will be over really quick.  But Central also played a tough non-district and should have seen good teams already.  This may come down to coaching, I hate to say.

i serioulsy doubt it we have yall beat in evry aspect of the game height guard play postmen n of course coaching n lets not 4get a winning tradition

The Indians took a 36-33 lead going into the second half but Central dumped 19 points on the Tribe in the fourth frame to take a 62-53 win.

With Tuesday night’s win, the Jaguars stay perfect with a 4-0 District 22-4A mark and head into Friday’s game with Ozen tied for first place.

PN-G is quickly falling out of contention as it falls to 10-9 overall and 1-3 in league play. The Indians will travel to Dayton on Friday.

Central’s Jamar Gulley led all scorers with 16 points while Brennen Jackson added 14 to the Jags total.

Crazy Stat of the day....

The last time Central beat Ozen, Perkins was a freshman!  Central swept Ozen that season behind strong shooting from Dominique Young.  The year was 2000.  The following year Central dropped to 4A!  So that is seven full years of getting beat by Ozen at least three times a year.....  That means in at least the last 21 meetings we could not defeat the panthers...  It won't start this year!!!  Go Jags!

Guest DickVitale

That was a looooooong time ago! :D...Central had just come off of that lucky state semi final run the year before, where they got blasted by Duncanville in Austin.  Perk's freshman year we finished 25-8 losing to PA Jefferson by 1 on a QUESTIONABLE goal tending call at the end in the regional quarterfinals at the Montagne.  TJ also got blasted in the State Semi after upsetting Lincoln in the regional final. Memories... ;D

That was a looooooong time ago! :D...Central had just come off of that lucky state semi final run the year before, where they got blasted by Duncanville in Austin.  Perk's freshman year we finished 25-8 losing to PA Jefferson by 1 on a QUESTIONABLE goal tending call at the end in the regional quarterfinals at the Montagne.  TJ also got blasted in the State Semi after upsetting Lincoln in the regional final. Memories... ;D

Lol...T hat's funny.  I wonder do you realy believe what you say sometimes.

Guest DickVitale

Beating Dulles on a 80 foot buzzer beater in the regional final and then getting BLASTED in the very next game is not a LUCKY RUN?? Getting blasted in the semi means that you probabaly should not be there... Come on Soulja, be real with yourself, you know the deal here, dude.....CHUUCH! ;)

Guest DickVitale

First of all that game against Dallas Lincoln was in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, second, the game was back and forth until about 2:30 left in the 4th when we had to start fouling to get them in the bonus and they made their free throws down the stretch to push it to a 71-51 final....HOWEVER, Central got beat by 35 by the eventual RUNNER UP...BIG difference.  By the way, we were DEFENDING champs, so we DID win it the year prior, and made it back the the final game. Chuuuuch, tabernacle, sanctuary!! (in the words of the late Pimp C!) ;D

DV, all that your telling me is irrelivant.  A blowout is a blowout.  Yall lost by 20.  I don't care if yall gave up 30 points in 20 seconds.  'It is what it is'.  But don't think because we're having this conversation that I dont' repect the Ozen Hoops program.  Like I said before, they are the cream of the crop till somone else steps up, 'Big School' wise.

Guest DickVitale

OK I will suck that one up...We lost by 20...But hey man....Chris Bosh and co. were the TRUTH!! and we played the worst game of the year that night..We turned the ball over like 20 times. I couuld have killed Jason Dabney, and I tell him that ALL the time cause I love him to death, but he KILLED us that night! You know I STILL can't watch that game tape..I pouted for a week after that game!! :D

OK I will suck that one up...We lost by 20...But hey man....Chris Bosh and co. were the TRUTH!! and we played the worst game of the year that night..We turned the ball over like 20 times. I couuld have killed Jason Dabney, and I tell him that ALL the time cause I love him to death, but he KILLED us that night! You know I STILL can't watch that game tape..I pouted for a week after that game!! :D

Yea, man, Bosh was a man that night.  Dabney did have a bad game though.  But that overall Dallas Lincoln team was darn good too!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43