*Central vs. Ozen/OZEN WINS 55-49/Comments*

Guest DickVitale

It was an emotionally charged game, and as I have said, Gulley is a BEAST....Great road win....These games will definitely help during the playoffs...Thats all I have to say about that (Forrest Gump  ;D)

Yeah I wish Gulley could sit down with Henry Morris off those 2000 - 2001 Central B-Ball teams.  He was a big guard with a good mid-range game...  If Gulley could work on his mid range game he would not need to shoot 3's!  And he would be harder to defend on this level...  All kids in  high school think the game is about lay-ups, dunks, and threes....  The mid rang i a lost art!

Guest DickVitale

Yeah you are right about that, but I remember another Central Jag that made a living with the mid range game....Skip Jackson was the mid range killer!!...So was Damon Sweet... :D

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="315098" timestamp="1200249825"]
[quote author=ozensfinest link=topic=31693.msg315075#msg315075 date=1200248761]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=31693.msg314339#msg314339 date=1200121629]
[quote author=KFDM COOP link=topic=31693.msg314278#msg314278 date=1200089495]
Soulja should be happy the way the Jags played.
[/quote]Yea, I'm happy.  I would have rather the W though.  Fans were going to storm the court!  But I cant be disapointed by how the Jags carried themselves.  They wasnt' intimidated at all by Ozen's height and by all the other things that comes with playing Ozen.  VERY good game, this was!
[/quote]if im not mistaking soulja yall have more height den us our tallest player iz willie jefferson n yall have a 6'8 n 6'9 post so yall got us on the height as far as gulley he's not the dominant player evryone makes him to be he needs 2 work on his 3 point shooting....................i noticed wen he tried to take over the game in the 4th qt his 3 pointer was not there at all he played a pretty decent game tho
[/quote]That post player is a freshman and as you can see, he had no effect on the game.  Yall got Joseph, Jefferson, and the other post player, and they all animals and  play taller than what they are.    I agree with you.  Gulley do need to work on that 3 point shot, but to say that he isnt' dominant is ludacrous.  He caused yall fits all night.  That Jefferson kid yall got was the difference maker in the 4th and is the reason yall won.  If we can get our 'Jefferson' to play like that, we'll be way better! 
[/quote]soulja how tall wuz numba 33...........i coulda of sworn the annoucer sed he wuz 6'8 n i say gulley is not dominant bcuz goin into the game the players of ozen wasnt even worried about gulley n he couldnt take over the game wen it counted the most like a dominant player like jcovan brown r decarlos frank would do.............so yea he got his lil 22 but didnt really impress me much wit dat stat cuz most of his points were 4rm easy layups...........but on one play he impressed me wen he got a and 1 dat wuz a pretty nice shot.............n soulja dominant in my book would b wut jcovan done against us wit 32 points n brought his team 4rm down 10 n ended up losing by three dats dominant

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="315572" timestamp="1200332215"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=31693.msg315098#msg315098 date=1200249825]
[/quote]Yea, I'm happy.  I would have rather the W though.  Fans were going to storm the court!  But I cant be disapointed by how the Jags carried themselves.  They wasnt' intimidated at all by Ozen's height and by all the other things that comes with playing Ozen.  VERY good game, this was!
[/quote]if im not mistaking soulja yall have more height den us our tallest player iz willie jefferson n yall have a 6'8 n 6'9 post so yall got us on the height as far as gulley he's not the dominant player evryone makes him to be he needs 2 work on his 3 point shooting....................i noticed wen he tried to take over the game in the 4th qt his 3 pointer was not there at all he played a pretty decent game tho
[/quote]That post player is a freshman and as you can see, he had no effect on the game.  Yall got Joseph, Jefferson, and the other post player, and they all animals and  play taller than what they are.    I agree with you.  Gulley do need to work on that 3 point shot, but to say that he isnt' dominant is ludacrous.  He caused yall fits all night.  That Jefferson kid yall got was the difference maker in the 4th and is the reason yall won.  If we can get our 'Jefferson' to play like that, we'll be way better! 
[/quote]soulja how tall wuz numba 33...........i coulda of sworn the annoucer sed he wuz 6'8 n i say gulley is not dominant bcuz goin into the game the players of ozen wasnt even worried about gulley n he couldnt take over the game wen it counted the most like a dominant player like jcovan brown r decarlos frank would do.............so yea he got his lil 22 but didnt really impress me much wit dat stat cuz most of his points were 4rm easy layups...........but on one play he impressed me wen he got a and 1 dat wuz a pretty nice shot.............n soulja dominant in my book would b wut jcovan done against us wit 32 points n brought his team 4rm down 10 n ended up losing by three dats dominant
[/quote]

You only saw the Gulley kids once and say he is not dominant....  He dropped 22 and kept his team in the game so that he would not have to score 32 to catch-up.... And still not win (J. Brown)...  In fact he kept his team up after every quarter except the 4th... I may question his clutch decisions but "dominant" is what he was!

MY QUESTION IS WHY ARE PEOPLE REFFERING TO D FRANK AS DOMINATE HIS POINT NORMALLY COME IN GARBAGE TIME BESIDES THOSE 3'S HE JACKS UP AND THOSE TURN OVERS KEEP THE OPOSITION IN THE GAME. BETTER YET WHAT GAME HAS HE DOMINATED NOT ON DEFENSIVE END NOT ON OFFENSIVELY EITHER .NOT CLOSE TO BEING BEST PLAYER ON TEAM I GUESS WHEN UR IN THE COACHES BACK POCKET U DO WHAT U WANT. 16 POINTS 2 ASSIST 9 TURNOVERS :o ??? ;)

[quote name="ozensfinest" post="315572" timestamp="1200332215"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=31693.msg315098#msg315098 date=1200249825]
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43