Lamar sports referendum has precedent

Guest coachacola

Have the started rebuilding the pressbox or is just the old frame there?  You'd think they would wait until everything passes before they started on any rebuilding of the stadium.  Can anyone confirm what's actually going on?

Yes they started. Brand new, looks to be aluminum, I-beams are replacing the old rusty beams.

Maybe its one of those situations whereas they had to spend the money or lose it. Maybe they are

temporary boxes, Ozen still place football there. Maybe the real press boxes and suites will be on the other

side. Am I reaching?

Guest coachacola

I do think they are using money related to Hurricane Rita so maybe they can only use it to rebuild what was already there.  I guess they could expand the press box when they upgrade the stadium after football has been approved.

Guest abovetherim

Lamar has no choice in this matter. The money from FEMA is to repair the pressbox to pre Hurricane

Rita status. Now, after the students vote to pass football look for Lamar to add dollars to make the pressbox even nicer. Yes, if the students pass football's return there will be suites at Cardinal Stadium.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4