Angelina Roadrunner Update

Bears

Update on the Local boys as the season opens this Saturday @ Wharton JC.

LCM: Kyle Cassidy has now join the Roadrunners and will contribute from the bullpen, he enrolled @ the semester break.

Jake Rowell- is seeing time @ catcher as well as 1b, could be the starting DH in the opener

Jerrod Dugas- is competing @ SS and 2b and could possible be in the starting lineup in the season opener.

Nederland Chris Laird has been competing @ SS and 3b

West Brook Mark Serna appears to be in the 4 man rotation in the OF after a very strong Fall at the plate.

BJ Armstrong- appears to be the starting CF

Good Luck to these locals as they get ready for a 56 game schedule on a very strong team that should compete for the regional title.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Serna and Rowell have seen some playing time and both are hitting over .300 for the Runners

Laird has seen a little time at 2nd and SS

BJ has played a pretty good bit in CF as a backup but I am not sure of stats.

Cassidy has at least 1 relief outing that was pretty good.

Dugas is hurt and has been out most of the year, look for a medical redshirt for him.

Roadrunners can hit, defense is a weak point and Team pitching has a ERA of over 6.00 currently 10-7.

Conf. play begins Wed. 3-12 @Paris

• 1 month later...

Season Over

eliminated by Wharton in the regional. Losing 5 starters and the 2 top pitchers.

I thought Angelina really turned it around the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season.

Some solid players coming in next year.

Kendall Thamm (LH-pitcher ) Barbers Hill

Kyle Crenshaw (1B) Brenham

Todd Wallace © Beaumont Westbrook

Ryan Smith (P) Ft. Bend Foster

Tatum - Lufkin

Scotty Johnson-Woodlands Park

Just to name a few off "the top of my head ". 

Go Roadrunners !

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if it is true, but rumor has it that Angelina has signed another pitcher in Tyler Grygar from Bryan. If this rumor is correct, another good arm for the Roadrunners. Class is looking pretty strong.

What's up Cubfan ? "JR" and I were at Angelina yesterday watching some of summer tournament games. Spoke with Coach for awhile.......it does look like a strong class coming in. Could be a couple of more surprises in store.. ;) ;) We'll have to wait and see.

Guest etbu

Season Over

eliminated by Wharton in the regional. Losing 5 starters and the 2 top pitchers.

I thought Angelina really turned it around the second half of the season. Overall a pretty good season.

Tatum - Lufkin

Go Roadrunners !

Only problem with this list is the dad of Thamm.  8)

Season Over

Tatum - Lufkin

Go Roadrunners !

Only problem with this list is the dad of Thamm.  8)

ETBU,

What's up ? It's been kinda quite since the BH Eagle crash. Waiting on football and college fall ball. We need to get JJ to cater us some crawfush before it's too late.  ;) ;)

Hey guys how are you'all? Life is good and yes junior is getting recruited for football. About to start hitting the camps this week including HSU Mr. Cub.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BigCard
    Newest Member
    BigCard