ESPN's Bracketology

Guest mffl

Guest abovetherim

Thanks mffl, I appreciate you posting this here. But, this Joe guy is hardly ever right with this "Bracketology". There are too many conferences that only get one bid for this to be accurate. It is nice to receive some nation attention but I wouldn't hold my breath on what "Joe" has to say.

This, Auto bids are in CAPS. Records are D-I only. Opening-round game is Lamar (Southland) vs. Alabama State (SWAC) will not happen because if Lamar were to win the SLC tournament win would likely have about twenty wins. If you remember the last time Lamar went to the NCAA Tournament they were 15-15 and still did not play in the "play in game". It one of the lower ranked conferences there is always an upset in their conference tournament. That is the couple of teams who will play in the "play in game.

That said if Lamar was in this game, at least we would have a chance to beat someone. Then the reward would be playing Memphis. Now, that sinks!!!

If you remember the last time Lamar went to the NCAA Tournament they were 15-15 and still did not play in the "play in game". It one of the lower ranked conferences there is always an upset in their conference tournament. That is the couple of teams who will play in the "play in game.

When Lamar last went to the NCAA Tournament in 2000, there was no play-in game.  The tournament went to 65 teams in 2001.

Guest abovetherim

You're right weslinder, I just did some research and I found you know your stuff. Thanks for the clarification but do you really see Lamar in a conference ranked in the twenties with probably close to 20 wins (if they win the SLC Tournament) playing in a "play in game" when there are 32 conferences in DI basketball?

You're right weslinder, I just did some research and I found you know your stuff. Thanks for the clarification but do you really see Lamar in a conference ranked in the twenties with probably close to 20 wins (if they win the SLC Tournament) playing in a "play in game" when there are 32 conferences in DI basketball?

No.  If Lamar gets 20-21 wins, they probably will get a 15 seed.  If they get 19, they will get a 16th seed, but no play-in game.  Fewer wins than 19, and the play-in game becomes a possibility.

I don't put anything into these because he just picks the conference leader after each week, still, neat to see where we could play.

I love our chances against memphis ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4