*HD 90 WH 67 Final/Comments*

I WAS PLEASED TO SEE HD COME OUT WITH ENERGY TONIGHT SCOREING 50 IN THE FIRST HALF. ELLIOTT HAD 22 WITH 6 - 3PTERS, ANDERSON HAD 18 I THINK MAY HAVE BEEN 1 OR 2 MORE OR LESS, BUT DID HIT 5 - 3PTERS, SMITH HAD 15, RICHARDSON COME OFF THE BENCH TO SCORE 10 WITH 2 - 3S. HD HIT 13 -3'S IN ALL. WAY TO GO BOBCATS NOW KEEP THE ENERGY FOR FRIDAY NIGHT IN SPURGER!

Not sure what you are getting at Mr Reality, but the way I read the rules, it says that a player can not use a forearm or hand to hinder the opponent. In fact, the rule states: "A player shall not use the forearm and hand to prevent an opponent from attacking the ball during a dribble or when trying for a goal."

Watching Copeland, he routinely uses his left fore arm and hand at times to gain a advantage over his opponent.

Even in East Texas this is considered a foul. Maybe just not in WH.

First Congrats to HD and there fine performance, great game by Elliott & company. My vote for player of the week 6 for 8 form 3 point land and many assist. Good luck Friday night in Spurger make me proud.

Now for Catman & bigbasketballfan, I have seen Mr. Copeland from WH play every game including tourney's, and as of right now he has about 4 offensive fouls for the year, none of which were for pushing offwith a forearm. Bigbasketballfan correct me if I'm wrong, according to your rules,you are applying to, its says (HAND) to hinder. Well for a fact, in 1 game he had no offensive fouls, and went to the stripe 25 times. I believe a reach would be considered a (HAND), and do the rules also mention, (HAND CHECKING),this goes on everytime he touches the ball. As far as on the road & at home, the refs must not know that (FOREARM) rule!!!!! I believe it may have been called once so far. The way I see it, I guess what your saying is the refs in East Texas don't know the rules...I think you both need to stick to positive feed back instead of all this BS, I guess ya'll are both a little jealous the way I see it. He is one of the most respected players in East Texas, (I guess thats why I here fans & coaches say, most every game, you better not let #5 shoot), just ask around, on and off the court. He EARNED that respect!!!! If your bucking for Player or MVP of the district, go out and earn it, like he does on a nightly basis. Don't make posts like these hoping to better yours or your players chances.

Again Good Luck to HD the rest of the way.........Thanks for the support Mr. Reality

I Appreciate your interpretation of the rules. I believe all that have read this string knows what Catman and I am referring too.

I am not jealous of anyone or anything, so I am not sure what you are referring too.

Copeland is a very good player and may very well be the MVP. I have heard many say that he is a good person and citizen as well. When I think of a MVP, I also consider these other parts of a person. Again, the times that I have seen him play and what I have heard about him, he is a very good candidate for MVP.

Stating facts does not fall into the category of negative feedback nor is it BS as you put it. Since when does making a factual statement about anything turn into negative feedback and BS? The reference to the push offs is a valid one, as he does routinely push off. Fact. Now does the ref's call it or not? This was the original question made in an earlier post.

One can make the case that because of his ability, teams must double and triple team him in an attempt to contain him (which usually fails as he routinely still scores a lot of points). Is there hand checking taking place by the defense attempting to guard him? Yes and they are often called for it as well.

What is being said on this string is that there appears to be a disparity of calls being made. Again, fact, he is often hand checked and, fact, he often pushes off.

Enough said, lets tip the ball off and play ball!

I Appreciate your interpretation of the rules. I believe all that have read this string knows what Catman and I am referring too.

I am not jealous of anyone or anything, so I am not sure what you are referring too.

Copeland is a very good player and may very well be the MVP. I have heard many say that he is a good person and citizen as well. When I think of a MVP, I also consider these other parts of a person. Again, the times that I have seen him play and what I have heard about him, he is a very good candidate for MVP.

Stating facts does not fall into the category of negative feedback nor is it BS as you put it. Since when does making a factual statement about anything turn into negative feedback and BS? The reference to the push offs is a valid one, as he does routinely push off. Fact. Now does the ref's call it or not? This was the original question made in an earlier post.

One can make the case that because of his ability, teams must double and triple team him in an attempt to contain him (which usually fails as he routinely still scores a lot of points). Is there hand checking taking place by the defense attempting to guard him? Yes and they are often called for it as well.

What is being said on this string is that there appears to be a disparity of calls being made. Again, fact, he is often hand checked and, fact, he often pushes off.

Enough said, lets tip the ball off and play ball!

Telling it like it is,good post bigbasketballfan,seeya fri. ;) ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PressBox Stats
    Newest Member
    PressBox Stats