LU Ladies vs. Nicholls/LU WINS 80-55!!!!!!!!

Guest abovetherim

This was a great game for LU. Everyone played well and wore down Nicholls in the second half. Tamara Abalde is a wonderful player but she isn't the only good player Lamar has. The great thing is the Cardinals are young. One senior and 4 really good players coming in.

Guest abovetherim

LU, I'd say about 800 give or take 50 or 100. Really is was hard to tell because I didn't really look behind my row in section S. I will say, you guys and gals will be surprised at the level of women's basketball being played at Lamar. I know a lot of people will laugh at this next statement. JMO, I believe if Coach Tidwell stays at LU (which I've heard from very good sources he is very happy here) the Cardinals will have a Top 40 women's program within four years. Then the crowds will be on average 3,000-4,000 for a women's game. I know you remember LU playing LSU in the Montagne and having over 9,000 for a women's game. I see a very bright future for the women's program under the direction of the current coaching staff.

LU, I'd say about 800 give or take 50 or 100. Really is was hard to tell because I didn't really look behind my row in section S. I will say, you guys and gals will be surprised at the level of women's basketball being played at Lamar. I know a lot of people will laugh at this next statement. JMO, I believe if Coach Tidwell stays at LU (which I've heard from very good sources he is very happy here) the Cardinals will have a Top 40 women's program within four years. Then the crowds will be on average 3,000-4,000 for a women's game. I know you remember LU playing LSU in the Montagne and having over 9,000 for a women's game. I see a very bright future for the women's program under the direction of the current coaching staff.

I say top 40 next year. LU is 1 great point guard away from being top 40 now.

Guest coachacola

So we had more at our women's game than Nicholls State had at their men's game?  If Tidwell is able to build a top 40 program with crowds in then 3,000-4,000 range then our women's team would average more than any of the men's teams in the SLC (except for the LU men of course).  Let's hope Tidwell stays for a while.

If Roc can also continue building the men's program, and with football coming and all these facility upgrades coming, LU could definitely outgrow the SLC in the next 5 years.

im not laughing, maybe someday lu will have a top 25 program.  8) 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4