*Central vs. LC-M/LC-M SHOCK CENTRAL/COMMENTS*

Where do I start in this one.  First of all, LC-M fans where very hostile, and reason to be.  Their playoff lives are on the line, Central in in town, and the Big Senior night.  The JV game was a thriller, so it was only fitting that this was.  Bears jumped off to a 10-2 lead in the first.  We started to climb back with Gulley as the catalyst.  Later in the game, Jags started to assert their pressure defense and went up by 5 with a little over a min.  This is were guard play comes in at.  Coach is telling you to hold on to the ball.  You drive to the basket and either missed a layup or turn the ball over.  We gave up too many darn layups in the 4th for my liking.  There was also a layup that Gulley missed that he normally makes that would have probably put us up for good.  This is what done it for me.  Bears up by 2 with 5 seconds left.  You turn the ball over by throwing it right to them.  I was in shock as the Bear fans stormed the court in celebration.  Also one of the LC-M coaches got up and started taunting our coach, which lead to some drama.  They guy might have been a fan, but he sure was on the Bear baseline. 

MVP goes to #42 for LC-M.  This guy had soooo many and-1 layups, it's not even funny.  He kept hope in this team when it appeared we would run away with this one. 

Great game bears.  Greater game plan, for the LC-M coaching staff. 

Where do I start in this one.  First of all, LC-M fans where very hostile, and reason to be.  Their playoff lives are on the line, Central in in town, and the Big Senior night.  The JV game was a thriller, so it was only fitting that this was.  Bears jumped off to a 10-2 lead in the first.  We started to climb back with Gulley as the catalyst.  Later in the game, Jags started to assert their pressure defense and went up by 5 with a little over a min.  This is were guard play comes in at.  Coach is telling you to hold on to the ball.  You drive to the basket and either missed a layup or turn the ball over.  We gave up too many darn layups in the 4th for my liking.  There was also a layup that Gulley missed that he normally makes that would have probably put us up for good.  This is what done it for me.  Bears up by 2 with 5 seconds left.  You turn the ball over by throwing it right to them.  I was in shock as the Bear fans stormed the court in celebration.  Also one of the LC-M coaches got up and started taunting our coach, which lead to some drama.  They guy might have been a fan, but he sure was on the Bear baseline. 

MVP goes to #42 for LC-M.  This guy had soooo many and-1 layups, it's not even funny.  He kept hope in this team when it appeared we would run away with this one. 

# 42 is my boy K-Coop. he was a beast tonight

Guest tigersvoice

Soulja1, by your own account of the game, I can't see where you were ever going to run away with the game.  When was that, exactly?

Soulja1, by your own account of the game, I can't see where you were ever going to run away with the game.  When was that, exactly?

I think it was somewhere in the 3rd period, I think.  We got some steals and converted on some easy layups.  #42 had something to say about that, though.

No matter how the results turned out, both teams had every right to be proud of the effort they put in to that game! Gulley for Central was almost unstoppable, pouring in 21pt's at the Bear Cave with what was one of the best crowds LC-M's seen in a while. But, I was glad to see the Bears fight throughout, and finally fight there way back at the end. They played like a group full of seniors should last night and the results finally showed it. K-Coop was having an awesome game and made quite a few tough lay-ups to contribute to his 15pt's (and 7rb's) to keep them in it throughout. LC-M finally had a good night on FT's between CJ's 2/2 trip to the line with less than a minute to go to tie it up, and Bean's 4/4 (part of an 11pt 4th according to Van's article) from the line to seal the deal. Like I said, these guys played like a group of seniors last night; unselfish, unrelenting, and refusing to give up even though they didn't lead after the 1st until about 15seconds left in the 4th. Between K-Coop's 15P/7R, Bean's 23P/7R/6S, CJ's 7P/6R, and the rest of the guy's just collectively playing so unselfish, hard, and determined - they definitely gave LC-M a senior night to remember. Congrat's to them (and Central) on a game well played and hard-fought for! G'luck to the bears as well as the Jag's on the remainder of their seasons!

No matter how the results turned out, both teams had every right to be proud of the effort they put in to that game! Gulley for Central was almost unstoppable, pouring in 21pt's at the Bear Cave with what was one of the best crowds LC-M's seen in a while. But, I was glad to see the Bears fight throughout, and finally fight there way back at the end. They played like a group full of seniors should last night and the results finally showed it. K-Coop was having an awesome game and made quite a few tough lay-ups to contribute to his 15pt's (and 7rb's) to keep them in it throughout. LC-M finally had a good night on FT's between CJ's 2/2 trip to the line with less than a minute to go to tie it up, and Bean's 4/4 (part of an 11pt 4th according to Van's article) from the line to seal the deal. Like I said, these guys played like a group of seniors last night; unselfish, unrelenting, and refusing to give up even though they didn't lead after the 1st until about 15seconds left in the 4th. Between K-Coop's 15P/7R, Bean's 23P/7R/6S, CJ's 7P/6R, and the rest of the guy's just collectively playing so unselfish, hard, and determined - they definitely gave LC-M a senior night to remember. Congrat's to them (and Central) on a game well played and hard-fought for! G'luck to the bears as well as the Jag's on the remainder of their seasons!

I was ready to hear at least one Bear fan with a crazy comment for the 'bojo' era.  But that wasnt' the case.  Bear fans especially this guy = Classy!

Guest princess

Excuse me.........You talk about LCM's coach taunting Central's coach.  I think Central's coach was too busy stomping around on the floor and pounding on the score table to be taunted.  Anyway, if he can't take getting beat without throwing a hissy fit.....he doesn't need to be coaching!

Excuse me.........You talk about LCM's coach taunting Central's coach.  I think Central's coach was too busy stomping around on the floor and pounding on the score table to be taunted.  Anyway, if he can't take getting beat without throwing a hissy fit.....he doesn't need to be coaching!

Sorry BMTsoulja...I guess you spoke too soon, seems the crazy fan post showed up anyway.

This was an awsome game to witness.  Every aspect of the game was exactly like high school sports should be.  A tight game throughout.  LCM makes a mad dash out of the gate, but Central shows poise and discipline in fighting back and doesn't seem to let the rowdy crowd effect them too much.  Big plays by LCM seniors with their playoff backs against the wall against one of the better teams within a 100 mile radius.  This game should certainly give the Bears the confidence to finish business.

One side note -----I left the gym feeling like I had seen some things that get lost so many times in sports these days.  Both teams played wide open and hard and you could sense the respect that each team had for each other.  Several times throughout this game a player would go down HARD and then get helped to his feet by the hand of his opponent. Classy young athletes from both schools.

I thought both coaches did great jobs of working the clock and their benches.  Central's coach was "intense", but nothing out of line.  His "hissy fit" was not about winning or losing...this was a good opportunity for Central to work on closing tight games as they head into the playoffs and failed to execute in the closing seconds. I suspect THAT was his frustration.   

:D :D :D :D  Your right, Slam14.  On did show up... ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43