Sanders Scores Season-High As Lamar Pulls Away From Southeastern Louisiana, 88-7

Guest abovetherim

It's really impressive that Sanders and Nabors did as well as they did.  SELA gave them their best shot inside.  J Nabors and Boo are just that strong and finish that well. heck of a game for both.

I went to this game and I will have to say I was impressed with the way LU played.  I'll have to give coach Roc a lot of credit (I suppose it's only fair since I've been pretty critical of him this year).  The kids played with a lot of heart/passion/effort.  I was very impressed with our defensive effort.  I love watching fast paced basketball but my main concern with it is that it often leads to 'lazy' defense.  This was not at all the case last night.  LU really got after them on the defensive end the entire game.  Just from an athletic/physical presence standpoint, I thought SE La was equivalent to us.  It wasn't a game where I was thinking 'wow, we have a lot more talent than they do..we should win this easily'.  So, kudos to Roc and the kids!

Btw, Sanders played fantastic.  He was almost unstoppable in the post.  He made some offensive moves that I did not think he was capable of.  If they tried guarding him with a bigger man he would out-quick them.  If they tried a quicker guy, Sanders would out-muscle him.  And he was getting after it defensively as well.  He and all of the Cardinals, played very well.  If we continue to put out that kind of effort...particularly defensively, this winning streak should continue for a while.

As a sidenote, where was Barrow?  Have I missed something?  Did he get hurt?  (I was in Dallas all last week and wasn't able to keep up with the team.)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    janaxad4
    Newest Member
    janaxad4