*Central vs. Nederland Updates* Central Wins!

KFDM COOP

There was a fired up Nederland crowd they was cheering their boys on, but it wasnt' enough.  We started all the seniors including the ones they rode the pine all year.  Good showing.  There are some on that bench that are good.  Nederland got into the flow of the game too late.  The early lead by us was too much for Nederland to come back.  If they would have kept it close, this could have been interesting.  They were playing great ball in the second half.  After Coach English chewed some butts out, they started finding our shooters and open shots were hard to come by.    MVP is Lincoln Charlston.  When he got the ball down low, there was nothing the bulldog defense could do.  I'm now looking forward to who we got in the first round.  The way we've been playing our first round game will be a struggle.

Nederland needs to play the whole 32 minutes. Lost too many close games after starting the district with a 4-1 record. A lot of experience coming back next season, Bulldogs should be in good shape. I hope the Nederland fans let Coach English come back for another season.

Nederland also started all seniors including those who had worked hard all year without getting much playing time.  They actually played more than half of the game.  Nederland should have ended with a better record.  They will continue to improve next year.  Hopefully they will learn to play a full game and as a team.  Many times this year it seemed you had four players playing together and one player doing his own thing.  They also seemed to have at least one quarter where they let down each game.  Coach English has the program headed in the right direction. 

Nederland should have ended with a better record.  They will continue to improve next year.  Hopefully they will learn to play a full game and as a team.  Many times this year it seemed you had four players playing together and one player doing his own thing.  They also seemed to have at least one quarter where they let down each game.  Coach English has the program headed in the right direction.   

Nederland's program is moving forward.  Some of the returning Juniors need to step up and be leaders during their senior year.  Nederland had no senior leadership this year.  I agree about the team play.  However, in defense of the one player I believe you are talking about, he's a good young man who was trying to make something happen.  He just got out of control at times.  I wish him and the other Seniors well as they head to college next year.  I didn't see the chemistry this group of Juniors has displayed in past seasons.  The team was focused on specific players scoring instead of finding the hot hand as they have done in past seasons.  They'll work hard this Spring and Summer and come back strong.  They'll be supplemented by players from a good JV team and a deep Freshman team that went 22-8 this season.  They'll be a fun team to watch next year.          

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    heatherjo
    Newest Member
    heatherjo