How about two Final 4 teams... Central 1999 vs Ozen 2002

Guest DickVitale

Our 2002 Ozen team would have beat that "lucky to make it to state team" by 40....Just like Duncanville did!! ;)...If you would have waited just ONE MORE DAY....The Central teams were on the radar!! I have a list of matchups that will last us through March... >:(...One matchup a day, PLEASE!! :D...Patience, shortt....Patience...

Our 2002 Ozen team would have beat that "lucky to make it to state team" by 40....Just like Duncanville did!! ;)...If you would have waited just ONE MORE DAY....The Central teams were on the radar!! I have a list of matchups that will last us through March... >:(...One matchup a day, PLEASE!! :D...Patience, shortt....Patience...

What ever >:(... Perk couldn't contain Ronny :D... Dubie and skip would have been too much... Shane would ball on Keena.... Roddrick would stay in the corner.... Dominque would have duncked on pERK ;).. LOL :o

Guest DickVitale

We lost to ONE team from Texas in that two year span, and that was Dallas Lincoln...Sorry, Soulja, but that 99 Central team was not that good..They got hot during the playoffs, then got blown out in the semis after making the final four on a 60 foot prayer...They were good...Not that good...

U should know , DickieV, that in the state playoffs, a lucky team don't make it to the simi's.  1 or 2 wins, yea, lucky.  In that case, u shouls call last years, Panther team lucky for making it to state.  That team wasn't that good.  Boutte's best coaching job ever is what pushed them to state.

Guest DickVitale

Oh absolutely, but you MUST admit that your beloved Jags got hot at the right time, got LUCKY in the Cambell Center on a 60 footer, then got a reality check in the semis...Its no crime...It happens. ALL teams need a little luck sometimes, and the best coaches will tell you that. Case and point!! ;D

Oh absolutely, but you MUST admit that your beloved Jags got hot at the right time, got LUCKY in the Cambell Center on a 60 footer, then got a reality check in the semis...Its no crime...It happens. ALL teams need a little luck sometimes, and the best coaches will tell you that. Case and point!! ;D

Hold on... That sixty footer won the game... But it was tied going into another over-time.... Don't think for a second that that shoot brought us from a loss... It still would have been another overtime...  And another thing... It is hard to go undefeated when your league has three teams in the top ten....  That 22-5A district had Humble who had three D1s and was ranked #2, Kingwood was # 8, and Central was #10 when the district started...  That is 5A baby and the Ozen team didnt have a heavy district like that...  And No I did not metion how tough the Hippolite ran Sterling team was and the Jeremy Long, Golden Corner Westbrook team was... And two of CHS losses that year came to a good Clear Lake Team and Kimball in the Dr. Pepper Tourney....  That team ended the season 31-7... Ozen did not face a season line-up like that season...  When the playoffs started that Central team was ranked 11...  They played #4 Humble, #1 Milby, and # 10 Dulles to get to state to meet #2 Duncanville...  That 2002 Ozen team would have crumbled under the pressure!  Different day and time baby... Apples to Oranges!!!!!

Guest DickVitale

You guys got spanked in the semi, but WE would've crumbled? Come on man...There is NO way you can say that that Central team in 99 was THAT good...Look its a mute point because you will not understand from MY view...I KNOW what Central had and did not have...Ronnie Davis was light in the shorts, Skip was a good floor leader, but he was only good 15 foot and in, CONSISTENTLY, and Doobie was a streaky shooter that would present you problems if he was on.  There is NO WAY Ronnie could even attempt to guard Perk...No way. It would have been a mismatch all the way around...We would have beaten that team pretty soundly...I am sure you disagree, but, its all speculation anyway, so dont get your tighty witeys in a knot!! ;D 

You guys got spanked in the semi, but WE would've crumbled? Come on man...There is NO way you can say that that Central team in 99 was THAT good...Look its a mute point because you will not understand from MY view...I KNOW what Central had and did not have...Ronnie Davis was light in the shorts, Skip was a good floor leader, but he was only good 15 foot and in, CONSISTENTLY, and Doobie was a streaky shooter that would present you problems if he was on.  There is NO WAY Ronnie could even attempt to guard Perk...No way. It would have been a mismatch all the way around...We would have beaten that team pretty soundly...I am sure you disagree, but, its all speculation anyway, so dont get your tighty witeys in a knot!! ;D   

You may Have won... Their is always speculations... In 2000 a Jag team with Ronnie wipped OZen.. Yesa perk was a freshman and Ronnie dunked on him numerous times... And don't forget big 7' Riley would have leaned on Perk off the bench... Guard play would have given Ozen fits but Ozen may have won... Now the Duncanville team we lost to was a great team.. with Brian Boddicker and Roosevelt Brown...  Duncanville won state in three sports that year...  They were ready and dang good...

Guest DickVitale

Numerous times? That may be a bit far fetched, but we were talking about Perk's Jr. season...All that was not happening at that point..Not even a little bit..Ronnie and Riley would have gotten abused by Perk on both ends, with both Jags fouling out in the process!! ;)

And that Central team embarrassed a Lincoln team that made it to the state championship in 4A that year... At one point that game was 27 to 5.....  That shows the difference...

Central beat Lincoln by 3 that year!...YMBL...I was there! I do remember a big first quarter lead that was blown before the half. Besides how did Lincoln 1999 get thrown in to this? OZEN 2002...right?  We would have spanked that butt real good for them!!  ;)

Numerous times? That may be a bit far fetched, but we were talking about Perk's Jr. season...All that was not happening at that point..Not even a little bit..Ronnie and Riley would have gotten abused by Perk on both ends, with both Jags fouling out in the process!! ;)

And that Central team embarrassed a Lincoln team that made it to the state championship in 4A that year... At one point that game was 27 to 5.....  That shows the difference...

Central beat Lincoln by 3 that year!...YMBL...I was there! I do remember a big first quarter lead that was blown before the half. Besides how did Lincoln 1999 get thrown in to this? OZEN 2002...right?  We would have spanked that butt real good for them!!  ;)

I am talking about at the Bee Hive...

I dont remember them in the YMBL... I remember playing Jefferson, New Orleans somebody, Brook, Woodlands :-\ ???

Guest DickVitale

Yeah you are right, that may have been 2001, because, it wasn't when Coach Gam was there...But anyway, Central have not beaten Ozen since 2000!  8 years of total DOMINATION!! ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anjali43
    Newest Member
    anjali43